How to Burn DVD-R with LiteOn LDW401s

I am able to burn dvd+r’s with my liteon 401s but not all dvd players can read it. therefore i bought a pack of Verbatim Dvd-r’s and it wont burn them. So then i tried memorex dvd-r’s because the brand of my dvd+r’s was memorex and they worked well, but those didn’t work either! i tried upgrading my firmware and that didnt do anything. does anyone know what the problem could be because i thought the 401s was able to copy dvd-r’s as well.
marc-

The LDW-401S is a single format DVD Burner. As it says on the box, it is a DVD+R/RW drive. It cannot burn DVD-R/RW media since this is a completely different format.

am able to burn dvd+r’s with my liteon 401s but not all dvd players can read it.

You said alot there.
I have a 3 year old laptop that plays DVD+R.
I just went to Wallmart and put a DVD+R into an Apex AD-1110W and it played just great.:slight_smile:

So, I brought one home and hooked it up. Guess what?

It won’t play DVD+R.:confused:

The same movie that played in the store demo model.:eek:

What is it with DVD+R?:confused:

Moviemanic

any chance you burned that video with nero?

Originally posted by siliconsoul
any chance you burned that video with nero?

Hi siliconsoul,

If that question was for me.
I burned it with X Copy Plus.

Moviemanic

hey

i had the same

maybe u need to update youre dvd players firmware so he can read +dvd :wink:

it helpt here with my cyberhome

good luck

i burned movies with both clonedvd and nero. my house has 3 dvd players, only one can play these dvd+r’s but whats funny is when i burn with nero, my computer cant even read the disc but it will still play in my dvd player. i found a magazine and it has a long list of dvd players with what formats of dvd discs they play. only very few expensive dvd players ply dvd+r’s
marc

mea20 “only very few expensive dvd players ply dvd+r’s” I’ve found just the opposite to be true. I have tried DVD+R(W) on friend’s machines and they seem to work fine on all the inexpensive ones. The only one where it wouldn’t work was an expensive unit, where the manufacture was a member of the opposing alliance. Since they are all relatively new units, I can only assume that the unit was programmed not to play DVD+R(W)'s since it would play nearly everything else, CD-RW MP3’s for example. This is just my personal experience though, not a large sample.

Originally posted by mea20
i found a magazine and it has a long list of dvd players with what formats of dvd discs they play. only very few expensive dvd players ply dvd+r’s

whatever magazine that was, i’d stop reading it if i were u. dvdrhelp reports dvd-r compatibility at 91% and dvd+r compatibility at 86% for dvd players. whether or not a dvd player supports either + or - has nothing to do with its cost, and there are players that will play + but not -.

it was asked for you not to post that stuff here so please remove it before a mod does.

well it was removed very quick :stuck_out_tongue: