How to burn crappy CD-Rs with maximum quality?

hi there,
i recently bought 100 CD-Rs because they where really cheap… after a few tests i realized, that not only the price was low, the quality is it also :Z

i got some problems playing this cds in my car if i burn them at a higher speed ( >32x). at a lower speed it works…
ok, audio-cds are not meant to be recordet at >32x, but i get the same error with my dvd-player with (S)VCDs :a
hell, this thing even plays CD-RWs but not those damn cheap CD-Rs.
the reflection of the cds must be crappy…

anyway, what is the best writing method/prog/speed/firmware to get the maximum possible quality?
my drive is a 48125W, firmware VS0B… originaly it is a 40125 W or S…
i am willing to flash to every possible firmware to get higher quality.
can somebody help me?

Originally posted by M-M-C
i got some problems playing this cds in my car if i burn them at a higher speed ( >32x).

anyway, what is the best writing method/prog/speed/firmware to get the maximum possible quality?

Hi !

So, why don’t you try burning those @ the lower speeds like 4-16X ?

As for audio stuff, download and install demo of [COLOR=indigo]Feurio! ( German site ) and have fun w it !

P.S. Since you didn’t mention any SW you use, I simply proposed the best one 4 audio . [/COLOR] :wink:

i dont have a problem with burning audio at slow speed…
i just want the best possible quality in general, especialy data-cd.
btw: the lower the writing speed the better ther quality?
and: is there a firmware, that delivers better quality than an other?

ok, audio-cds are not meant to be recordet at >32x

This is not particualrly true, burn speed is relevant to the media itself, not the content.
You got what you paid for, burn them at the highest speed that produced no C2 errors…