How to burn cd to listen in the car mp3 unit?

Hi all,

I purchased Head unit for the car that plays mp3’s.

So I have couple questions, about bitrate of mp3’s.

First of all for what bitrate I should be looking, if let’s say I download files from the internet? As much as I know the 192 sound ok, but they sometimes harder to find, moustly 128. And let’s say sometimes song sounds better in 128 than 192 (personal experience).

Then, let’s say I’am going to burn mp3’s CD with various bitrates (128/192) how my head unit going to play them? Or it’s better to stick with 128 so the sound quality wouldn’t jump up and down?

And let’s say if I’am be burning audio CD, how Nero 7 is going to record, if it gonna convert 192 bitrate to 128, so it’s no use to look for 192 bitrate songs!?

Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native language :slight_smile:

Thank You

You should only use sources that you have bought…
192 is good enough for most music.

Ok let’s say I’am going to rip my couple CD I have bought to mp3’s, and then make one audio CD with songs I like most. So what bitrate I should rip in, becouse I asume the program let’s say nero going to convert files to whatever audio CD format it uses?

Lets just be clear on terminology.

An Audio CD will have 15-20 tracks only and be what you buy in the shops. You can also create these yourself.

An MP3 disc contains loads of tracks in MP3 format & I assume that when you are referring to making an audio CD that this is what you mean.

If you create an MP3 disc from MP3 tracks then no conversion of bit rates should happen so what ever they’re in , just leave them at that. Each time you convert quality is lost so don’t unless you have to.

If you’re ripping from an Audio CD and you want to create an MP3 disc then rip as MP3 (with lame) at 192 as this should be good enough.

If you’re ripping from an Audio CD and you want to create an Audio CD then rip as WAV so that NO conversion losses will happen.

BTW Use CDex or EAC as your CD ripper, there’s nothing really to touch these especilly as they’re free.

Ok, couple questions answered. Thank You. But let’s say if I have 128 & 192 bitrate audio files, and going to make mp3’s cd, should I convert 192 to 128, so it would be no difference in quality, when playing cd, because head unit would be ajusted for let’s say song that was recordet in 128 bitrate.

And if I have already ripped cd in 128 bitrate audio files, but no longer have that cd (lost it), and going to rip another cd, and use couple songs from that one to make one audio cd, should I match bitrate and rip in 128, or rip in 192 and when nero going to record that cd, gonna adjust audio quality to math bitrate?

No don’t convert, just add them as they are. It shouldn’t matter to your player what the rate is, but higher is better.
Quality does not = volume if that’s what you mean by the head unit being adjusted.

And if I have already ripped cd in 128 bitrate audio files, but no longer have that cd (lost it), and going to rip another cd, and use couple songs from that one to make one audio cd, should I match bitrate and rip in 128, or rip in 192 and when nero going to record that cd, gonna adjust audio quality to math bitrate?

No, rip at the higher rate of 192. Keep the quality up.

You should experiment.

Rip and convert an audio CD – or just your favorite song – into 3 or 4 different MP3 bitrates. Try 128, 192, 320, and highest quality variable bit rate (VBR) - others may be able to suggest better options - I rip to high quality VBRs because I don’t mind having only 4-6 albums per CD. Toss your files onto one MP3 CD, but name them differently so you can tell which is which.

Be sure to rip the trial songs off an audio CD. If you try to convert an MP3 file to a different bitrate, you will ONLY notice a negative difference.