How to burn cd-r at 2x, 4x or 8x with Lite On DH-20A4H

vbimport

Hello, I need burn cd-r’s at 4x but my Lite On DH-20A4H only burn at 16x minimum write speed.
My burner software is Nero, Alcohol 120%, clonecd.
How I reduce the minimum write speed to 2x, or 4x without modify the maximum speed.
Burn my dvd-r or dvd+r at 4x or 8x or 16x, but my cd-r not.
How i can do that, change the firmware, patch, i don’t know.
Please help me, I don’t speek english well, but I understand.
thanks

CD-Rs burn at a minimum of 16x on this A1/A4 models. There is no patch, mod, etc. I am aware of that would let you alter this minimum speed.

Thanks for your help, I need then buy new burner only for this job.

there’s no reason to use such low write speeds.

Yes, I have a reason for burn cd-r a low speed.
My son have a Play Station One, and I have image games, need burn this games to play but the console only read cd-r burn in 4x or 8x.
This is the reason.

Hi,[quote=jmlsalas;2169896]Yes, I have a reason for burn cd-r a low speed.
My son have a Play Station One, and I have image games, need burn this games to play but the console only read cd-r burn in 4x or 8x.
This is the reason.[/quote]It does not matter if the burn speed is 4x, 8x or 16x. The readability of a disc in a certain drive depends on the media used and the drive used for burning.
I consider Liteon DVD burners as average at best if CD-R burning is needed. Another burner (I’d recommend a Pioneer) should be seriously considered then.

Michael

thanks
But the drivers in play station one de Sony is 4x or 8x burn speed, I proveed with many type of cd-r media burn with 16x and not read. In past time I have a burner LG and burn cd-r at 4x, the Play Station One read successfully.
Lite On is a good burner but not for my needs in Play Station One, the others need is a great burner.
Then I buy other burner for cd-r Play Station One and keep the actual burner lite on for my other jobs.

I mean no offense to you, jmlsalas, but I’ve played PS1 backups burnt at 16x with no problems what so ever. You might want to check your media. I was using Verbatim.

Thanks for the information, i try with Verbatim. I hope what is successfull. No offense with your commentary.

Hmm, LiteOn are not the greatest CD burners especially the A1/A4 models. I can recommend you a Pioneer or LG for CD burning; they are very good.

[quote=juancdg;2170731]Hmm, LiteOn are not the greatest CD burners especially the A1/A4 models. I can recommend you a Pioneer or LG for CD burning; they are very good.[/quote]thanks for sharing my opinion (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/how-burn-cd-r-2x-4x-8x-lite-dh-20a4h-258113/#post2170019) :slight_smile: