How to burn/backup to DL-DVD's properly, concerning "Break" question in IMGBURN

vbimport

Hey everyone,

I know my name suggests I know about DL-DVD’s (LOL) but I have a question about how to properly burn data using all 8+gb of available space on Dual Layer DVD’s?

In IMGBURN it asks about/pops up a screen regarding the “break,” and I never know how to respond or best calibrate the settings in order to increase my rate of burning success when trying to archive data or copy a movie.

Can someone please let me know the best way to use DL-DVDs because I keep wasting my blank optical media, and they are much more expensive than regular DVD-R’s. Thanks! :bow:

The first tip is to only use Verbatim brand DL media. They are by far the safest bet for double layer disks. I burn them at 4x only, but you’ll find a lot of people in here disagree with that, depending on which burner and which mid code of Verbatim you are using.

If you are burning dvd-video to DL look at this guide: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4643

If ImgBurn doesn’t give you a choice for the layer break when burning dvd-video, and instead gives you the[I] End of the World[/I] error message, look at this guide for solving that problem: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6376

I don’t use DL media for data backup. Someone else may want to pitch in their two cents for that.

I have a not so sneaky suspicion you’re dead right about the media, lol. I bought it a while ago, and it was Dynex (the cheapest media or products I believe produced in history… they should just label the product “coasters to set your coffee cups on”)

Since then, I have bought NOTHING by Verbatim DVD-R (Office Max usually has uncanny good deals, and free shipping over $50)

Thanks for the tip about DVD Ripping on DVD Fab to extract full quality DVD files using DVD9, I kind of figured that out on accident a few months ago to auto-shrink to single layer DVD settings. (Which reminds me, DVD Shrink is an awesome program, especially with the built in burning with IMGburn)

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll have to make the right purchase next time, what a shame… Dynex… pfft!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

PS: What is up with the new forum… geez, I know its already probably been discussed to death, but I was shocked to see such a weird change and also domain name forwarding; talk about a downgrade from v-bulletin. I LOVE CD Freaks, and I’m not complaining of course because its an awesome forum and blog for current helpful information, but just seems a lot more ad intense, and confusing. Anyway, THANKS for the help again :)<!-- / message -->

You can switch back to one of the old styles in the forums. Look at the bottom left of the page for a drop down box. Right now it probably says MyCE Beta. Switch to one of the older versions that you prefer.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2463580]You can switch back to one of the old styles in the forums. Look at the bottom left of the page for a drop down box. Right now it probably says MyCE Beta. Switch to one of the older versions that you prefer.[/QUOTE]

[B]YOU are a DELIGHT[/B]!!! Thanks :bow: