I use Total Video2Dvd Author. You can convert avi movies to dvd simply and directly,
* Support High-Definition video formats such as HD-DV, MKV, Blu-ray TS, TP, M2TS, AVCHD, WMV-HD etc to DVD.
* Support most popular formats such as Youtube Flv, RM, RMVB, 3gp, h264, Xvid, MOV, VOB, Mpeg, Mpeg4, WMV, ASF, DV, Nsv, Ogm, AVI to DVD.
* Convert video files into a compliant DVD and burns to DVD disc, also can create ISO image files.
[U][B]* Support lots of subtitle file formats, including .srt . sub .ssa .ass .smi .psb .tex .idx etc; Handles subtitles files (.srt) color and font. Supports tags;[/B][/U]
* Auto intelligent video bit rate setting supporting 1 hour to 8 hours video per DVD disc
* Support lots of beautiful DVD menu templates: Download more DVD menu templates free
Here is a link: http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author/index.htm