How to burn avi to dvd: Best way to burn AVI --> DVD

vbimport

I’ve got about 80 AVI files that I’d like to burn to a DVD (~20 AVIs per disc). I currently own Alcohol 120% and Nero Express (came free with burner), but neither seem to be able to do the job I need. Can someone recommend the best way to get these AVI files to DVD format? I’ve done some reading and haven’t seen a recent post with all of the latest offerings from the different software companies in the market now… hopefully someone who has been doing this for a little while can offer some advise and speak from experience.
I also welcome links back into the forums if I’ve overlooked the answer to this topic already…

Thanks in advance!
HX

you want the avi’s as avi on dvd or as mpeg 2 so you can play them on your standalone dvd player?
20 movies in mpeg2 is a bit much if you want that on dvd

you can make svcd from the avi and then put 4 to 6 of them on one dvd…depend9ing on the quality
but you need to do some authoring on the dvd to make menu’s so you can play all movies

Thanks for the quick reply…

I’d like them to play on my standalone dvd player, meaning they need to be converted to mpeg2.

Each AVI is a 20-minute episode sized at approximately 140mb each. I assume i’ll need to do some dvd authoring as well, so a recommendation there would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-hx

TMPGEnc Plus and TMPGEnc DVD Author, both are available in trial versions.
//Danne

very good and simple authoring can be done with tmpg-author as said above…but i like dvdlab even better.

i fyou want the episodes smaal and in good quality…always encode in multipass vbr

i was trying out superdvd creator but it looks like converting an avi file to dvd cab take a long time, is there a program that having a avi file u can make it a dvd without that long wait?

hmm…yes there is.

the ned dvd2svcd (dvd2dvd or avi2dvd; it does all) with the RoBa function allows 1 pass of encoding instead of multiple passes to get the same quality.
When you use it with CCE…you cna have your movie in dvd-ISO format in 90 minutes or so

Everytime I try to open up a movie in AVI 2 DVD it says floating point division by zero what does that mean and how do i burn my movies??? thnx

Hi,

I want to convert an AVI file to mpeg so I can put it on a disc and watch it on my DVD player as it plays MPEGs. Are there any freeware programs for AVI to MPEG conversion?

Dvd2svcd claims to do it (has a avi2dvd mode).

It takes about 1-hour to get a finished DVD disc, but the programs I use for the [B]ABSOLUTELY BEST QUALITY[/B] movies that will play [B]any[/B] AVI movie file on [B]any[/B] DVD Player are XILISOFT AVI TO DVD CONVERTER v3.0.34 or higher, DAEMON TOOLS PRO v4.10 or higher, and IMGBURN v2.4.2 or higher. You can get the first 2 programs as bit torrents, or buy them from their websites. ImgBurn is available as shareware.

Using the Xilisoft AVI To DVD Converter, I simply convert the original AVI movie file to an ISO image, then burn the converted ISO image to a DVD disc using ImgBurn. There is no need to open Daemon Tools - it just runs in the background.

If you want to get really fancy, you can go to http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers and download the original DVD Cover and DVD Disk images to make your own collection.

[quote=BoredStiff;2178528]It takes about 1-hour to get a finished DVD disc, but the programs I use for the [B]ABSOLUTELY BEST QUALITY[/B] movies that will play [B]any[/B] AVI movie file on [B]any[/B] DVD Player are XILISOFT AVI TO DVD CONVERTER v3.0.34 or higher, DAEMON TOOLS PRO v4.10 or higher, and IMGBURN v2.4.2 or higher. [B]You can get the first 2 programs as bit torrents[/B], or buy them from their websites. ImgBurn is available as shareware.

Using the Xilisoft AVI To DVD Converter, I simply convert the original AVI movie file to an ISO image, then burn the converted ISO image to a DVD disc using ImgBurn. There is no need to open Daemon Tools - it just runs in the background.

If you want to get really fancy, you can go to http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers and download the original DVD Cover and DVD Disk images to make your own collection.[/quote]
Hi we don’t condone getting programs from torrents, if you like a program most of them have a trial, please buy them if you like them, have a Happy Holiday.

[B]how to burn avi to dvd [/B] can I use ImgBurn to burn avi to dvd? Or do I have to use Nero to burn avi to dvd? sorry for being newbie