How to burn a DVD

vbimport

hi
From my Handicam (Sony) I wish to burn the videos in to a DVD thru my Laptop. I have copied the video thru
i- wire on to my Laptop. They are on AVI format. Ihave problem in burning them in to a DVD. Finally the DVD after burning should be played in a DVD player. What to do? Is it necessary to convert these video files? If so is there free software any converter which burns DVD after conversion?

Here are a couple of freeware programs that will convert your avi to a standard DVD structure for use on any DVD player. Both of them will allow you to burn a DVD using Imgburn.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

Yes it’s necessary to convert the avi to DVD format, if your goal is to burn and playback on standard DVD player…These come to mind…DVDflick, FAVC, ConvertxtoDVD(Trialware)…
You can set whichever tool/app of the three you choose, to directly burn after conversion…
FYI, the quality of the video after conversion will degrade (from original DV-AVI), since the encoder will use a lower bitrate deemed necessary for best results and of course to fit the projected media size used (4.7gb, 8.5gb disc)…
If you need to do some simple editing before the conversion, try AviDemux…
There are other tools/methods available…These have worked for me, with good results…
Good luck!.

EDIT:man do I type sloooow or what!..But as Kerry56 would say, I did do more work!..:wink: