How to burn a DVD with higher playback speed?

Hi!
I am interested to know whether I can achieve the following by using somekind of software (DVD editor).
I have a DVD movie that plays in normal speed. I would like to record the same movie so that the playback speed is higher. So, if the original movie lasts 60 minutes the edited one would last 30min. Is there a program that lets you adjust the playback speed of a movie ant then burn it?
Thank you very much for your time!
romesi

If what you ask could be done, the movie would play too fast (like fast forwarding), and the sound would be garbled. Is that what you want?

I have a DVD movie that plays in normal speed. I would like to record the same movie so that the playback speed is higher.

Press >> on the DVD player :iagree:

Good point keyap,
besides romesi could also use a video editor that can edit directly Mpeg2 and either cut some parts or speed up the entire thing in the image side and having the choice of listening to a speedy sound or also editing the sound to fit the new playing time.
Obviously, only in the last case it would be more effective than pressing >>, but requiring special software - a bit to the Pro side - and a lot of editing work.
Ah!, and at the end you had to “make” a new DVD - just get the necessary software.

Thank you agomes,
I do not care about the sound, I only care about the video which I would like to watch it at a higher playback speed. My intention is to leave the DVD play at higher speed without pressing the >> button. It seems that a DVD/video editor software would do, like to shrink the video, to decrease its duration. but which is the right software to acheive this? mine does not have this option.
thank you!