How To Burn A DVD Which Will Work In Any DVD Region

vbimport

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to burn a copy of a DVD which will then work in any DVD region. I have Nero 7 Premium Reloaded and have asked their support service, but have so far I’ve had no response from them.

Also does it matter if I use a DVD+R, or a DVD-R. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I use AnyDvd together with CloneDVD2 and this combination has always worked for me. Not free but worth it if you have a large movie collection.

There are probably several other options available…

[QUOTE=stagsden;2139130]Also does it matter if I use a DVD+R, or a DVD-R. Any advice would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Ripit4me & DVD Decryptor is free, and should work.

There’s no practical difference between DVD+R and DVD-R.
DVD-R was apparently reknowned for better compitability, but DVD+R allows bitsetting (changing the DVD+R into a DVD-ROM type at burning time) …

For all practical purposes, they’re the same now.

The only stipulation is that you should use high quality media. If it’s too cheap to be true, it probably is.

Verbatim/mitsubishi & Taiyo Yuden are the best media choices. Anything else is just miscellaneous crap, and really just a gamble.

[quote=stagsden;2139130]Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to burn a copy of a DVD which will then work in any DVD region. I have Nero 7 Premium Reloaded and have asked their support service, but have so far I’ve had no response from them.

Also does it matter if I use a DVD+R, or a DVD-R. Any advice would be much appreciated.[/quote]
I believe your home movies are all regions when you make them yourself. But if you want to make a dvd movie that you purchased to be able to play in all regions then you can use anydvd along with clonedvd2, dvdnextcopy with the plug in machinist2DLL or my favourite dvdfab platinum. If you use dvd +r media you need to set the booktype to dvd-rom so the dvd’s will play in all dvd players.