How to burn a DVD of Season 1 with 5 episodes

vbimport

Hello. I would like to copy a dvd which I purchased. While I know how to burn movies I don’t know how to get all episodes on one dvd. When using dvd shrink under Main Movie it shows Title 1 through Title 5. If I select the Title 1, I am only getting the first episode on the dvd instead of all 5 episodes. When I burn the iso is only for 1 episode.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cat

If you are compressing with Shrink and you want the entire dvd backed up, you don’t have to select individual titles. Just do a Full Disk backup and it should make a complete copy of the dvd. I’m assuming Shrink can open this dvd without problems, in other words, there isn’t an advanced copy protection on the disk.

The copy you make using Shrink may not be very good quality if you have to use a lot of compression. Make sure to set it to use Deep Analysis and Quality Enhancements in the Quality Settings when you hit Backup. Even that may not help enough if you are picky about your backups. What level of compression does Shrink show for the dvd?

I always use DVDRebuilder when making backups of large dvds. There is a free version of Rebuilder if you want to try the program.

Thank you - I will give that a try. Do I just select backup?

Cat

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2113592]The copy you make using Shrink may not be very good quality if you have to use a lot of compression. Make sure to set it to use Deep Analysis and Quality Enhancements in the Quality Settings when you hit Backup. Even that may not help enough if you are picky about your backups. What level of compression does Shrink show for the dvd?[/QUOTE]

I agree. If the compression level on DVD Shrink drops below around 70%, I would recommend splitting the Episodes between two disks. If you try to use the re-author functionality of DVD Shrink, you’ll lose the menus, so I’ve found the best way to do this is to use full disc, but just compress the episodes you’re going to put on the second disk down to a still picture. Then do the same on the second disk for the episodes that you’ve already copied. The still image can be anything you want, from a still from the episode, to a message saying: “It’s on the other disk, bozo!”.

Sláinte

midders

I have found that the best thing to do for episodic Dvds, is to do a full rip & then burn them onto a Dual Layer Blank Dvds with ImgBurn. I would guess the compression percentage shown by Dvd Shrink is about 50+, not good, but you can try it & if it works for you, then fine. Another option would be to use another program like DvdFab Platinum in Split Mode.

Thank you to everyone and it worked out great. I was able to burn all episodes to one dvd and used the compression settings. The quality is fine.

Cat

[QUOTE=beef barley;2113616]I have found that the best thing to do for episodic Dvds, is to do a full rip & then burn them onto a Dual Layer Blank Dvds with ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

I’d love to, but my stand alone DVD player doesn’t like DVDR DL… doh!

[QUOTE=cadonn;2113636]Thank you to everyone and it worked out great. I was able to burn all episodes to one dvd and used the compression settings. The quality is fine.

Cat[/QUOTE]

How exactly did you do it and what software did you use?

I am looking for some DVD Backup software to buy. I would like to put my Family Guy DVDs onto my iPod because I travel extensively. The DVDs are multi-episode, of course, so do I need to break up the episodes or can I copy the disk and work them on the iPod like you do a normal TV scenario?

Is DVDFab + Mobile the right software to do this with?

I am completely illiterate regarding Backup software and their capabilities. :bow:

Regards,
BamaRatt

[quote=BamaRatt;2128676]How exactly did you do it and what software did you use?

I am looking for some DVD Backup software to buy. I would like to put my Family Guy DVDs onto my iPod because I travel extensively. The DVDs are multi-episode, of course, so do I need to break up the episodes or can I copy the disk and work them on the iPod like you do a normal TV scenario?

Is DVDFab + Mobile the right software to do this with?

I am completely illiterate regarding Backup software and their capabilities. :bow:

Regards,
BamaRatt[/quote]
dvdfab platinum+mobile is my favorite. Then there is anydvd +clonedvdmobile and dvd next copy pro. they all give you free trials so try them and see which one you like as everyone has different likes and dislikes

@BamaRatt
DVDFab plus the Mobile option should be able to do this, but you can also do this with free software.

Using just the free version of DVDFab HD Decrypter, you are given the options of either the full movie backup or the main movie. Pick the main movie and you should see a list of titles on the disk. Decrypt and rip each title to the hard drive separately.
Then convert each episode to Ipod compatible mpg4 using Handbrake.