How to burn a dl dvd game on normal dvds?

vbimport

Hi,

I wish to burn a game which is on a dual layer dvd on two normal dvds. I have seen some dl dvd games burned on normal dvds using winrar but I dont know how to do that. Could someone inform me in a step by step way how to do that? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bbsmitho;2158663]Hi,

I wish to burn a game which is on a dual layer dvd on two normal dvds. I have seen some dl dvd games burned on normal dvds using winrar but I dont know how to do that. Could someone inform me in a step by step way how to do that? :)[/QUOTE]

First off what game platform are you talking about ?? Most game cd/dvd don’t allow backing up as the copy protection doesn’t allow copying correctly the game to be play other then the source itself. Why burn to dvd5 when you can play it on dvd9 format it came is what I have to ask??? Unfortunatly with the protection nowdays on games you can’t just copy and play them. There is no one simple solution, some have mentioned alcohol but since I don’t know your platform I can’t do much to help until then.

The copy protection will not allow you to do a backup on DVD5…

I am talking about PC games. I have seen some dl dvd games burned on to normal dvds using winrar, i.e. the iso is wrapped in the two normal dvds and you have to extract the winrar from the first dvd and after that it requires the second dvd and thus the whole game iso goes into the hard drive of the PC. From there one could use Alcohol or Daemon and install the game. Please tell me how this is done. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bbsmitho;2158832]I am talking about PC games. I have seen some dl dvd games burned on to normal dvds using winrar, i.e. the iso is wrapped in the two normal dvds and you have to extract the winrar from the first dvd and after that it requires the second dvd and thus the whole game iso goes into the hard drive of the PC. From there one could use Alcohol or Daemon and install the game. Please tell me how this is done. :)[/QUOTE]

Winrar… :smiley:
These games have copy protections, without doubt. Or probably they had before someone removed them.

[QUOTE=bbsmitho;2158832]I am talking about PC games. I have seen some dl dvd games burned on to normal dvds using winrar, i.e. the iso is wrapped in the two normal dvds and you have to extract the winrar from the first dvd and after that it requires the second dvd and thus the whole game iso goes into the hard drive of the PC. From there one could use Alcohol or Daemon and install the game. Please tell me how this is done. :)[/QUOTE]

If that is the reason why didn’t you contact that person that you are talking about?? Just as chef said the copy protection will stop you from doing what you want to do for game cd/dvd.

[quote=bbsmitho;2158832]I am talking about PC games. I have seen some dl dvd games burned on to normal dvds using winrar, i.e. the iso is wrapped in the two normal dvds and you have to extract the winrar from the first dvd and after that it requires the second dvd and thus the whole game iso goes into the hard drive of the PC. From there one could use Alcohol or Daemon and install the game. Please tell me how this is done. :)[/quote]What copy protections are on this ‘PC game’ on a DL disc?

I dont think its a matter of copy protections. What I am trying to do is to make an iso of the dl dvd game and wish to compress it in winrar in parts i.e. part 1, part 2, part 3 and so on and thereafter burn them on to the normal dvds. Suppose it is compressed in 10 parts, I would burn 5 parts in disk 1 and 5 in disk 2. Thereafter I would extract the iso in my pc’s harddrive and mount the iso in Alcohol or Daemon and install the game. The copy protections would be still there. But the game would be burned on a cheaper media.

[QUOTE=bbsmitho;2159181]I dont think its a matter of copy protections. What I am trying to do is to make an iso of the dl dvd game and wish to compress it in winrar in parts i.e. part 1, part 2, part 3 and so on and thereafter burn them on to the normal dvds. Suppose it is compressed in 10 parts, I would burn 5 parts in disk 1 and 5 in disk 2. Thereafter I would extract the iso in my pc’s harddrive and mount the iso in Alcohol or Daemon and install the game. The copy protections would be still there. But the game would be burned on a cheaper media.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned before the copy protections prevents what your just trying to do. It’s not just a matter of copy protections as your mention but is in the case of game cd/dvd. Maybe it’s time to just spend a little more money and get a second copy incase your first copy goes bad. If you having that much problem installing the game call the company and get a replacement providing your receipt that you bought the game.