How to burn 23 avi files to a dvd?

vbimport

hello i have heroes season 1 on 23 avi files but when i try to burn them to a dvd it says i need another 744mb.
does anyone know how i can get all 23 avi files onto the dvd so i can play it on any dvd player please?
thank you in advance.

What’s the size of the 23 files?

If those files are each about 1/2 hour long, than you cannot.
You can put about 3 hours of video(that is pushing it) on single layer DVD.
You control file size by bit rate while encoding.
You can use bit rate calculator to check bit rate for the length of the file.

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

I am assuming you got these files from BitTorrent.

The video is compressed using DivX.

You will be able to fit all these files on a DVD by burning them as a data disc. You will then be able to play it on any DivX compatible DVD player.

More discs must be used if you wish to actually author and burn a DVD video encoded disc.

Hope this helps.

[quote=getfirefox;2067853]I am assuming you got these files from BitTorrent.[/quote]Best not to assume this; otherwise we’ll have to close the thread :wink:

[QUOTE=getfirefox;2067853]I am assuming you got these files from BitTorrent.

[B]The video is compressed using DivX.[/B]

You will be able to fit all these files on a DVD by burning them as a data disc. You will then be able to play it on any DivX compatible DVD player.

More discs must be used if you wish to actually author and burn a DVD video encoded disc.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
They are probably Xvid encodes.

thank you everyone for the help,i have managed to get them on one disk now,4 of the files were video clips which were nearly twice the size of avi,once i had the 4 on avi all was ok.