*subchannel data from data tracks on
*intelligent bad sector scanner on
*- use only if your copy fails

Writing

x4 write
AWS enabled if your writer cannot support SD2
Burn:dao
always close last sesion…

Don’t use clonecd to duplicate safedisc 2.8x protected cds.
use discdump to make the image and burn the image in
raw mode with a program that supports cue sheets (preferably
fireburner)

Greetz from, The Diplomat:D

A typo I stand corrected:bow:

Soz Guys for the confusion

Ok, you said you either discdump, then you didn’t finish. Either discdump or what?

Wait wat’s wrong with CloneCD?

So for the burning part can I use CDRDAO? If so, then BurnAtOnce seems to have it completely covered.

what else copy protections can DDump and Fireburner successfully copy?? Is there a specific version that is needed to do safedisc 2.5+/2.8+

disk dump wont do the new securom version i tried and it doesnt work so safedisk version 2#### it works but not the new securom guess we have to wait…

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
So for the burning part can I use CDRDAO? If so, then BurnAtOnce seems to have it completely covered.

Yes you can use cdrdao for burning and yes burnatonce does have it covered. :slight_smile:

@ gexx
Discdump cannot do any version of securom, let alone the latest ones.

Others have said that the latest Discjuggler can perfectly backup Safedisc 2.8. I haven’t had a chance to try because I don’t want to burn at one speed, seeing as I, as well as you, have alternative methods.

Originally posted by CCDKing
Others have said that the latest Discjuggler can perfectly backup Safedisc 2.8.

This has been confirmed by a number of people, FutureProof amongst others.

Originally posted by philamber

This has been confirmed by a number of people, FutureProof amongst others.

Strange my mate has tried too make a working copy of the SD2 revision 2.80.10 with Diskjuggler and failed. For the record Diskdump removes the SD2 protection we used it on Medal of Honour SD2 2.51 and we made standard copys with Nero after we burnt the image created by DiskDump back to cd and they worked perfectly. Basically it does more or less the same as a program I have which decrypts the SD2 keys.

I would like too know what settings you used for succesful copies with DJ. I know its against the rules too post the details here, so can you please PM the settings and let me know if it will work with my Plex 12/10/32s or Liteon 32.

Greetz The Diplomat :smiley:

I’ve never used discjuggler myself but since both FutureProof and pokopiko who is known to you at various other forums, amongst others, have both confirmed success with discjuggler (FutureProof with an Asus, pokopiko with an Ltr-24102b) that’s quite sufficient evidence for me.

However, if you want to know the appropriate dj settings, you should ask fp rather than me.

Padus DiscJuggler 4 settings:

Ignore Read Errors
RAW Read

That’s all folks :slight_smile:

Cheers

Only tested in 4.01.986-PRO2

Add CD Mate to the list. Successfully backed up Total Club Manager 2003 and Sims Unleashed (both Safedisc 2.80.010) using the standard Safedisc 2 setting in CD Mate.

DiscJuggler SD Read

DiscJuggler Write

Don’t change anything in this window; unrecognised images only:

Futureproof, what version of Discjuggler are you using?

Originally posted by CCDKing
Futureproof, what version of Discjuggler are you using?

hey mate you seem, to have a blind spot hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

look at the 2nd image log window !

it tells you what dj version he is useing :slight_smile:

This is due to copying pre-gap, correct?

I just downloaded the demo of DiscJuggler and I hit the Start button following FutureProof’s instructions I hit the Start button, but nothing happens or am I not giving it enough time? Nothing happens…

Thanks!

Mm, make sure the task is what you’re attempting.
Make sure you have a source (drive) and a target (disk path).
Try another task, say ripping songs, before imaging.

Stay in touch

Whilst dj is a very fine app, it’s not really an app for beginners as it has a very steep learning curve. Persevere until you figure it out.

You’re unlikely to be disappointed (once you’ve figured out how to make it do what you want it to that is :wink: ).

I tried ripping a CD and it still doesn’t work :confused: I’ll try reinstalling it first…
I do agree that it’s an awesome program, but it just not working grr… whenever I have more time to start messing around I’ll have to do that as with graphics desgin…