How to Backup SafeDisc 2.51.021 MOHAA, SS:SE, Renegade

vbimport

You can Add Yamaha 3200E VK (24x10x40) to your list. Mine had No Problem Writing MOHAA with SafeDisc 2.51.020.
Cheers
megod:)

…how many other devices (brands/types) does it play in?

What if I don’t have the writers mantioned aboved?
I’m using a Ricoh MP7083A…(Sucks…):frowning:

Oh,by the way,does CloneCD official site update their list of writers supporting SD 2.5?

Plexy 1210a and 1610a with AWS should do it perfectly.

… NO?:Z

Originally posted by xmansean
Oh,by the way,does CloneCD official site update their list of writers supporting SD 2.5?
Of course!

My YAMAHA 2200 (20/10/40) make a copy that play only in my cd writer but i can use it to install on others computers and then put the NO_CD Patch if somebody have a 1:1 succes with the yamaha 2200 please send me the settings to elbebeboricua@hotmail.com
:confused:

I specifically bought a plextor drive to make copys of safedisc 2. With plextors reputation and support I figured it was the obvious choice. I guess I was wrong.

So if those are the only drives out there that can copy this new Safedisc protection, what if I buy them and the next safedisc release is set up so those drives can't duplicate them either?  Am I basically screwed?  Do I need to buy a new drive every time a new safedisc version is released?

And if I was to buy one of those drives which out of the list would you consider to be a best buy?  I sure like the price of that Liteon drive.  Half the price of my plextor and can make the copys I want!!

Thanks,

Mengsk

Some Plex 24x are confirmed to be able to backup 2.51.021 that work in other devices. A few more work but in the burner only with Hide CD-R Media enabled.

Hang in there - there’s only 3 titles that I know of with the new version; there will be more no doubt but Olli will be working hard to correct the situation

i have success with my plex 24x speed under clonecd with the settings that guardian-BS1 found and what FutureProof offered too!!!

and my 8/4/32A drive under the latest blindwrite copied renegade with ease too…dont be foolish your plex can do it just try out the settings suggested in the mohaa and c&c renegade plex 24x copies post

here is the link for ya boy!!!

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41810

Who’s a “boy” & what specifically should I read, again, in that thread?

Do you need links to the thousands of unsuccessful attempts with the Plex 24x, using all manner of settings & media?

Some Plex 24x are confirmed to be able to backup 2.51.021 that work in other devices. A few more work but in the burner only with Hide CD-R Media enabled.

Most Plex 24x are out of 2.51.021 work - is there anything I’m missing?

So is Clone CD the problem? Is it not taking advantage of the plextor drives chipsets, causing the safedisc backups to fail? Will Olli be able to do something to his program to get the drive to burn the image correctly?

Should I not invest in yet another drive?  These backups are very important to me. So having the right tools is a must!  What should I do??

Mengsk

P.S. the other posts on this topic where as people gave their clone cd settings to make these backups did not work for me. I got my drive directly from plextor last december. So maybe it’s one of those new drives that just won’t do it?

Hi Mengsk, Clone is not the problem, it is the burner’s chipset primarily - who knows, Olli may be able to do something.

If your backups are as important then invest in a LITEON 24, 32 0r 40x

It took a another step from Macrovision to eliminate more burners, maybe there’s another step for the software…let’s hope!

But will macrovision change their protection so that liteon won’t be able to burn it? If so I should just give up now rather than spend another hundo.

Thanks for your time on this…

Mengsk

hey FutureProof; that statement was directed towards Mengsk
not you…maybe plex is making different chipsets for different countries like the region encoding on dvd players and movies??? just a guess…i do not know anything; FP you have all the answers

Made fully working backup of MoH using the TEAC CD-W58E we have in a PC at work. Only setting used was fast error skip on read (didn’t use AWS on write).

MoH works fine in the work DVD drive (Pioneer DVD-116) and the Teac but wouldn’t work from my Pioneer DVD-105SZ and Sony CRX145E writer at home.

I’ve secretly swapped over my drives with the ones at work. Sorted! Saved me upgrading my gear for a bit, just hope no one realises (They all use Macs so I doubt it :p).

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
hey FutureProof; that statement was directed towards Mengsk
not you…maybe plex is making different chipsets for different countries like the region encoding on dvd players and movies??? just a guess…i do not know anything; FP you have all the answers

OK, OK, misunderstood, sorry. (I don’t have all the answers, let me tell you!)

Originally posted by Stem
I’ve secretly swapped over my drives with the ones at work. Sorted! Saved me upgrading my gear for a bit, just hope no one realises (They all use Macs so I doubt it :p).
I know your IP Address :wink:

Any way of backing up without updating a new writer?what programs do I need?

I use CloneCD and Betablocker and did a successful copy of Commandos2 with my old babe—Ricoh 7083

How can I back up medal of honor without buying a new writer?and what do I need?