How to Backup Never Winter Nights NWN

I have done a shed-load of tests, some results start here. The Liteon burners are unhappy with the default Game CD profile. Other devices are working with the default Game CD profile. In summary[ul][li]Using the 4.0.1.6 & 4.0.1.9 default Game CD profile in a Liteon burner whether reading &/or writing a Game CD read will give you a coaster[]Using a Liteon burner & a Custom Profile or just data subs on the read will give you a working copy[]Reading with a Liteon 163 DVD-ROM or Toshiba SD-M1402 DVD-ROM and writing with a Liteon burner will give you a backup using the default or custom profile[]Only the Liteon 163 and ASUS burner default reads, play the first splash screen correctly[]An ASUS read & write custom profile works[]A Liteon 163 default read and an ASUS default write…works![]An ASUS default read & default write works![/ul]I suspect that the issues will be the same for WarCraft III (WCIII) - I also have this game and will test it today.
[/li]
More later

My results here are similar to your experience.

I have LTD-165H DVD/ROM (CH0H f/w) and 32125W overclocked to 48125W (VS06).

For both NWN and Warcraft III:

CloneCD 4.0.1.9 works with Securom profile, using either as reader. Default profile is no good. FantomCD was also able to make a good copy of Warcraft III

When playing NWN make sure to hide media.

I have second machine with Acer 1208A, and it too can make a copy successfuly, but can only play it on that machine!!!

Well folks, any help with my problem would be much appreciated: I only have a LiteOn LTR-24102B, no extra reader. I have tried every clonecd setting under the sun, and several shades of firmware. I have made loads of coasters, so if anyone can help me with some sure-fire Warcraft III settings, I would be really happy.

One other thing, if I am hiding ATIP does it matter whether I use CD-R or CD-RW?

TA - g3b

Originally posted by g3b
[B]Well folks, any help with my problem would be much appreciated: I only have a LiteOn LTR-24102B, no extra reader.

One other thing, if I am hiding ATIP does it matter whether I use CD-R or CD-RW?

TA - g3b [/B]
You can’t do a damn thing as the image is not RAW (test it in Daemon Tools without emulation). Second, ATIP is for burners, as you know, for using recordable media, so the answer is “no”.

Originally posted by g3b
Well folks, any help with my problem would be much appreciated: I only have a LiteOn LTR-24102B, no extra reader. I have tried every clonecd setting under the sun, and several shades of firmware. I have made loads of coasters, so if anyone can help me with some sure-fire Warcraft III settings, I would be really happy.

About the only thing you can do is get youself an Ltd-163 as a reader. Don’t know about price over the Tasman but here in oz they cost about 80 AUD. It works superbly as a dvd as well btw.

After trying many many times the only software that made a perfect play copy that never crashed was the lastest Fantom CD and I tried all the tricks for CCD before finally using Fantom CD. I used a Lite-on 40125S. Burned at full speed.

The lastest Fantom CD is the only software today that can burn a perfect copy that does crash and I tried every other including CCD, Blind and I used all the tricks for the others. Fantom is the only one that list a burn setting for the Securom*NEW I guess they found the answer. Good for them and I used a Lite-on 40125S

LOL… Fantom creates CD that does crash… this is so funny :wink:
Anyways, This is nothing about CCD. :wink:

Warcraft 3 copies perfect with the lastest Fantom CD also just make sure you use the right settings

i’ve copyed NWN that works 100% with clone 3.3.4.1 with a ligth on 24102b as reader and wrigther :slight_smile:

I finally made working backup copies of NWN and WC3. Liteon 24102b(fw5S54) would not read either correctly with any combinations of setting using CCD 3.3.4.1. The read was done with Toshiba XM 6702B at 4x with only data subchannel selected. Write was made with Liteon 24102B at 8x with only “Buffer under run” and “Always close last session selected”, on Memorex Music CDR 700MB 16x media. This was done with CCD 3.3.4.1. I hope this will help someone.

Originally posted by madog30
i’ve copyed NWN that works 100% with clone 3.3.4.1 with a ligth on 24102b as reader and wrigther :slight_smile:

What settings did you use? AFAIK you’re the first person who has been able to copy NWN successfully using the 24102B as both reader and writer.

Originally posted by johnsun
Warcraft 3 copies perfect with the lastest Fantom CD also just make sure you use the right settings
You must feel strongly about this to post twice. Didn’t you mean “doesn’t” in your first post? And, btw, CloneCD will do it with the right devices :wink:

What the hell could be wrong with Lite-Ons? They read and write all subchannel data so in theory they should be able to copy securom but they won’t?

i used read sub data and read sub audio
and for wright i just used close last sesion:cool:

Originally posted by madog30
i used read sub data and read sub audio
and for wright i just used close last sesion:cool:

Hmm. Perhaps NWN isn’t quite as difficult as WCIII (clonecd 3.3.4.1 failed for me with that one) or, perhaps you’re lucky and have a rare 24102B that can cope with this new improved securerom new as a stand alone reader/writer.:wink:

I am about to go and buy a LiteOn DVD drive now, but I have a small problem:

There are 2 models: LTD-163 and LTD-163D

I can’t find ANY documentation on the difference between the two (just tray vs slot? I have no idea). Anyway, before I buy I would like to know if the LTD-163 and 163D will both work, and also what the difference is between them.

Thanks

G

[EDITED: Please ignore this message, I underestimated just how comprehensive the CDFreak LiteOn Forum was - all the info I needed was there]

@Supi Suomalaine

What the hell could be wrong with Lite-Ons? They read and write all subchannel data so in theory they should be able to copy securom but they won’t?

Lite-Ons copy SecuRom just fine…
It is people that don’t :slight_smile:

Cheers

Originally posted by KitnaIsntHappy
[B]@Supi Suomalaine

Lite-Ons copy SecuRom just fine…
It is people that don’t :slight_smile:

Cheers [/B]

I own an LTR-24102B, and EVERYONE on this board has confirmed that it won’t copy the New SecuRom on WCIII and NWN. Just read above. Of course, that doesn’t stop me getting another LiteOn Reader to do the job.

Oh, and KitnaIsntHappy, I didn’t have to spend several hours working out that the 24102B can’t copy WCIII as a stand alone reader/writer, if all I wanted was a working back-up. I had that within 15 minutes of opening the box by reading with my Ltd-163 and then writing with the 24102B.

Also, if all fp wanted was a working back-up, he didn’t need to spend several hours testing on that game either. I’d already posted my successful result before he started his tests and you can bet London to a brick that he’d already read that post.

If all he’d wanted was a working back-up, he didn’t need to do any more than use the same reader/writer combo I used BUT, of course, if he’d done that you wouldn’t have the benefit of the info he’s provided in this and other threads about these 2 games.