How to backup Big Fish

vbimport

Anyone had any luck with backing up Big Fish? I have tried decrypter 3.5.2 and dvd43 with no luck.

I used dvdshrink and dvdcrypter and it worked just fine.

Thanks…I tried to use decrypter first and it wouldnt work…then I used shrink with the dvd43 in the background and it worked fine…

Thanks again

Mark W

is that a good movie? should i rent it???

if you like films that are a bit qwerky (like doni darko & the butterfly effect) then yes.

I put BIG FISH up there with Second Hand Lions. Both were excellent movies.

www.rottentomatoes.com is an excelent movie review site that allows not only professional critics, that are sick of watching movies anyhow, to rate the film in question, but every-day peopole that still look at going to the movies or watching them at home as a real treat! :wink: Big Fish scored VERY high among the “common folk,” like you and I. lol Check it out here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/big_fish/

You will see that the people that are simply, “users,” rated it a good flick 92% of the time, where the “Critics,” only rated it favorable 77% of the time. (Up at the top of the page, you can see that. Still pretty good rating however.) BIg Fish was directed by Tim Burton who is known for all sorts of fimlms, such as Planet of the Apes and Mars Atacks, but more recently such films as Beatlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Batman Returns, Nightmare Before Christmas, and now, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (A remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Facotry.)

Why do I mantion all of these films? Tim Burton excells, (most noteably in recent years), at creating films that are VERY visualy spectacular. Big Fish is NO EXCEPTION! About a young man who feels he’s never really known his father who’s now dying. His father, a traveling salesman in the south in the 1940’s or 50’s, I forget which, weaves wild tales based loosely on the truth of his past. It is these tall tales that set the stage for Burton to go to work creating spectacular cinematic scenes that are a lot of fun to watch. I’m not a real fan of alont Burton’s films for the most part, but I do like this one.

JD

big fish is a great movie. it’s visually stunning and has a great story (that has many great stories within it).

got it, did a backup, no problem at all.
the movie is regional cod2…I think it is easier to backup EU DVD.

I had some problems on first try. I like to keep the menues and not just extract movie only, but if you then blank all other VOBs except the main title, the player goes into loop when you click on Play Movie. I went in with PGCEdit and modifed the jump commnad to go straight to the movie title. Sorry, I do not remember exactly where.