How to backup a SecuROM protected DVD?

Hi Everyone.
I somewhat new to these forums as all I’ve done before was glance through a few of them for some answers, but have always seemed to come up empty handed, probably due to my lack of wizardry in finding what i’m seeking, info on specifics.

I’ve got a serious problem and need some of everybody’s “expertise” out there if they can help me.

i’ve purchase a DVD for my son’s hockey league at the tune of $70. little did i know that it has some rigid copy protection on it (something from SecuRom and encoding by Song DADC…? chinese to me) and during the first week, my son managed to drag a dagger across it (appears that way anyway) and basically is palyable but am in need of a backup for “put away purposes” for later when (not if) it happens again. i’ve tried copying it in full from DVD to hard drive and tried to run it from there, but no such luck.

called the company that makes the DVd… oh, sorry but you can’t copy this. You’re up the proverbial creek, sorry to say. Oh, so my $70 investment here is pretty much eaten alive by you corporate greed monsters. and piss on the little guy out here that supports your wallets, eh? rather torched by now, had to purchase another at another $70.

I’ve tried many differetn “clone”, dvd to dvd copy, backup, etc. all to no avail.
It has something on the DVD called SecuRom and something to do with Sony DADC copyrights.

I NEED HELP, PLEASE, IN A BIG & PROMPT WAY HERE BEFORE MY SON, AS GRACEFUL AS HE IS, DAMAGES IT YET AGAIN, WHICH WILL BE THE LAST TIME SINCE I’M NOT ABOUT TO PURCHASE YET ANOTHER WITH THEIR SPLENDID CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. THEY COULD CARE LESS IF YOU’RE A CUSTOMER OR A BUM LOOKING FOR A DONATION FOR A BOTTLE THAT NIGHT.

Someone please reply to my email as I’m not used to digging up this forum, which i’ll probably never find again, but a gold star on the forehead for finding this one that talks specifically about the SecuRom and the Sony DADC copyright stuff, but most of this makes zero sense to me so again, HELP!! :slight_smile:

I’d appreciate an email (above) or it’s"
email address removed
Please reply with some step by step guides for a dummy to follow and get this backup issue of mine overwithl. My kid will thank you to the heavens since he’s bugging me daily for the DVD back to practice, which he does need and deserve but I’d like to get a complete “clone” backup before i cut it loose to him again…

thanks for all your listening and hopefully someone can help me out asap.

thanks again.
Mark Southern
Lake Orion Roofing, Incl

Welcome Mark,

I created a new thread, changed the title and removed your email address to protect your inbox from evil spam.
Read this tutorial to create a backup of your son’s DVD.