How to avoid D Layer transition pause?

I am sure this has been discussed before. Using Fab Plat to burn DL R+ DVD9. (Holiday). Any ideas on how to avoid the ‘freeze’ that happens as the player tries to access the transition?:confused:

[QUOTE=skylar;1966327]I am sure this has been discussed before. Using Fab Plat to burn DL R+ DVD9. (Holiday). Any ideas on how to avoid the ‘freeze’ that happens as the player tries to access the transition?:confused:[/QUOTE]

You could use the “clone” selection, that will give you a bit for bit 1:1 copy and should preserve the layer break position.

I have had the same problem myself in the past with several different DVD burners but then I switched to a $30.00 Optiarc burner and I haven’t seen any transition problems since then, so I don’t think it’s the software that’s causing the problem. Be sure to update to the latest firmware whatever burner you use.
dolivaw

The 2 second pause at the layer break is caused by the cell being marked as non-seamless. So, to avoid this, you will need to ensure the cell is marked as seamless. After you have ripped the DVD, open it in PgcEdit. Double click on the PGC which contains the main movie. You will easily see the layer break cell in the middle of the movie. Tick it. OK and Save.

Then burn your project with your favourite application.

Note: It seems that the vast majority of players happily play a seamless cell across the layer break. But some may not. Try it one time and see. Also, ensure you only use high quality [B]Verbatim [/B]+R 2.4x DL media, made in Singapore (MKM-001).

Regards

Thanks guys. I’ll give it a shot. I am only using Verbatim. Thakks for the tip.

[QUOTE=90312;1966334]You could use the “clone” selection, that will give you a bit for bit 1:1 copy and should preserve the layer break position.[/QUOTE]

But some dvds force you to watch 5 minutes or more of annoying trailers.
I usually use customise or main movie to get rid of those.

So, if I clone a disc, can I then skip those ( i.e. does clone remove the flag that prevents you fast forwarding or skipping ) , or will I still be forced to watch them before getting to the movie ?

[QUOTE=cybmole;1966469]But some dvds force you to watch 5 minutes or more of annoying trailers.
I usually use customise or main movie to get rid of those.

So, if I clone a disc, can I then skip those ( i.e. does clone remove the flag that prevents you fast forwarding or skipping ) , or will I still be forced to watch them before getting to the movie ?[/QUOTE]
You will have the capability to FF past (or search function on the remote to skip) all the annoyances.