How to add a new track to music CD

Hi peeps, thanks in advance for any help provided :o
The thing is that I want to copy this music CD, but adding an additional track. I don’t know if I make myself clear enough, The original CD has 14 tracks and I want to make a copy of it but want the new CD to have an additional 15th track (a new song) which I have in my hard drive in mp3 format. What is the proper way to do this? thanks!

Hi and Welcome!

use your CD ripping software (I prefer CDex or ExactAudioCopy) and rip the audio tracks you want from the CD to your HDD. Use .WAV for this in order to preserve quality. Then run your CD writing software, open a new “Audio CD” project, add the audio files you want (including the mp3 from another folder of your HDD), and burn to CD.

Michael

so, saving the tracks as .wav files preserves their quality? I thought of doing that but was afraid of loosing some quality in doing so.

[QUOTE=SANAFABICH;1916394]so, saving the tracks as .wav files preserves their quality?.[/QUOTE]Yes. :iagree: WAV is uncompressed. MP3 or WMA isn’t, so there are some losses if these were used. Also, compressed audio will be decompressed when an audio CD shall be created from these files.

Michael

[quote=mciahel;1916413]Yes. :iagree: WAV is uncompressed. MP3 or WMA isn’t, so there are some losses if these were used. Also, compressed audio will be decompressed when an audio CD shall be created from these files.

Michael[/quote]
thanks a lot mate. Will try that and let you know how it went.:bow: