How to activate "AWS" on Mitsumi CR-48XATE

I’m trying to make a backup copy of my GTA3 (SD 2.51.021) game using CloneCD. I created an image file and when I go to write the image I can’t seem to find a place where I can check the “AWS” box. When I right click on my burner the only thing that I can choose is the write speed and some other miscellneous options.

According to the review of this burner in this site (http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=67&Page=5) it’s capable of this function.

I also downloaded the profiles and can’t seem to bring the profile into the program. When I “right click” and choose “edit”, the only option I get is the read/write speed. Am I totally lost or what? What am I doing wrong? I’ve been reading and trying to follow all directions in this forum, but it’s kind of hard when the options people are talking about aren’t there.

Also when I create an image I get 3 files, which file do I use to write the image back onto disk?

Originally posted by crazyasian
[B]I can’t seem to find a place where I can check the “AWS” box.

Also when I create an image I get 3 files, which file do I use to write the image back onto disk? [/B]
hehe, you haven’t read the FAQ - link in my signature!

The AWS function doesnt appear in the GUI if you are located in the United States or I think its Japan or the UK not sure which one. So if you “reside” in a country like…oh…say Canada (which suprisingly enough has all teh same exact language and settings as the US does) then the AWS box will be there to tick. If your using CloneCD to write the Image Back to Disc you can use the .CCD or the .CUE (If you clicked to create one) file. These are the Disc TOC and only direct the program to use the .IMG file where all the real data is stored. Other programs can also write Images made with CloneCD as long as you created a .CUE file and that program can write .CUE files (nero, fireburner, BlindWrite, etc…).

I also downloaded the profiles and can’t seem to bring the profile into the program.

If you follow the instructions, it’s quite simple - copy the .CCP files to the profiles subfolder

I get 3 files, which file do I use to write the image back onto disk?

This is immaterial when using CloneCD. Only the .CCD Clone Control File is visible in the browse window, which is, the correct file to use