How the hell I supposed to upgrade?

OK - I have DVDFab 5 - with mobile option
had it before license went to yearly - so lifetime on both.

I also have VideoFab

SO… I reckon with version 6 I should… as a minimum get

DVD to DVD
DVD to Mobile
File to Mobile?

I upgraded and installed to the old DVDfab 5 folder (to pick up license stuff) and all I got is the DVD to DVD… rest shows as “trial user”

So… How do I get this resolved?

I tried to re-regioster - but you have lost my e-mail (you wrote to me on 13/5/2008 - with my DVDFab 5 key info - but now say you dont know that address)

HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP.

Thanks in advance

P.S. You web site is REALLY unhelpful for people upgrading.

[QUOTE=Yoji;2275086]OK - I have DVDFab 5 - with mobile option

I also have VideoFab

DVD to DVD
DVD to Mobile
File to Mobile?

I upgraded and installed to the old DVDfab 5 folder (to pick up license stuff) and all I got is the DVD to DVD… rest shows as “trial user”

I tried to re-regioster - but you have lost my e-mail (you wrote to me on 13/5/2008 - with my DVDFab 5 key info - but now say you dont know that address)

HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP.

Thanks in advance

P.S. You web site is REALLY unhelpful for people upgrading.[/QUOTE]
For registered users of DVDFab Platinum/Gold/Mobile, please get your new key at
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm, please choose “DVDFab 6.x” format.

[QUOTE=Yoji;2275086]OK - I have DVDFab 5 - with mobile option

I also have VideoFab
[B]

DVD to DVD
DVD to Mobile
File to Mobile?[/B]

HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP.

Thanks in advance

P.S. You web site is REALLY unhelpful for people upgrading.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on the file to mobile, most users copy the DVD to the hard drive and convert from there because of better conversion plus sometimes you may want to do some editing.
But you are no longer able to do that because once you copy to the hard drive it is now a file :rolleyes:
You can do what I and many others did keep version 5250 on your system it will stay in it’s own folder and thus you can do the file to mobile without cost :wink:

I had the VideoFab problem also. There is apparently some problem with the email database, I have 2 licenses and it only remembers one.

Incorrect.
DVD to Mobile will utilize HDD DVD folders as a Source just as it always has.

[QUOTE=signals;2275120]Incorrect.
DVD to Mobile will utilize HDD DVD folders as a Source just as it always has.[/QUOTE]

If I rip a movie to HDD using DVD to Mobile to do some editing and/or then convert it to PSP it does not let me select the folder as sourse.

File to Mobile will let you select the edited MPEG-4 file you made with DVD to Mobile. You have to click on the right-hand Source icon in File to Mobile.

[QUOTE=signals;2275132]File to Mobile will let you select the edited MPEG-4 file you made with DVD to Mobile. You have to click on the right-hand Source icon in File to Mobile.[/QUOTE]

I know that but I’m not going to pay for that option when I had the function in all past versions of DVD to Mobile, when I need that functionality I’ll just open version 5250 and save me some cash every year :bigsmile:

I’m all for saving cash, but DVD to Mobile will not let you open the MPEG-4 file you were talking about earlier. Do you mean you would use the VideoFab betas? They should continue to work with v6 but will not be updated.

[QUOTE=signals;2275145]I’m all for saving cash, but DVD to Mobile will not let you open the MPEG-4 file you were talking about earlier. Do you mean you would use the VideoFab betas? They should continue to work with v6 but will not be updated.[/QUOTE]

No I’m talking about ripping a DVD to the HDD then converting the just ripped folder(VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS to say like PSP, DVD to Mobile in V6 don’t let you select the folder anymore you now have to use File to Mobile

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2275153]No I’m talking about ripping a DVD to the HDD then converting the just ripped folder(VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS to say like PSP, DVD to Mobile in V6 don’t let you select the folder anymore you now have to use File to Mobile[/QUOTE]That is simply not true. I just tried it!

May I ask what is your T drive ?

It is a 500GB Seagate Barracuda attached through a SATA to USB adapter.

[QUOTE=signals;2275159]It is a 500GB Seagate Barracuda attached through a SATA to USB adapter.[/QUOTE]

Seems strange I am not able to select the folder from my C drive when using v6 but can select the same folder using v5 and it works, try using your C drive.

Not sure what is going on but it seems the issue I was having is now working, guess I will do some more testing…THANKS Paul for your input :flower:

No problem with the C: drive either:

[QUOTE=DVDKingdom;2275091]For registered users of DVDFab Platinum/Gold/Mobile, please get your new key at
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm, please choose “DVDFab 6.x” format.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your quick reply. Couple of comments

The application says

“NOTE: The registration key is upgraded in version 5”

Surely this should have said “upgraded in version 6”? as you have it, it is VERY misleading at best and more probably just plain WRONG.

I also dont undestand why my e-mail address was not recognised when I tried to re-register, but did seem to work when I asked to renew my registration key.

The new key works - but does not include the VideoFab component - but thats because I registered that with a different e-mail - I guess I have to ask you to consolidate the registrations to a single e-mail addresss, and then ask for a new version 6 key to get them all in one app?

Thanks again

Cheers

I registered VideoFab with the same email and it does not remember it for me either. This will have to be fixed.

[QUOTE=signals;2275169]No problem with the C: drive either:[/QUOTE]

You are right it seems that a program I use for security that monitors all executable files did not get set properly for v6 :doh:
thanks again for your input :flower:

[QUOTE=signals;2275190]I registered VideoFab with the same email and it does not remember it for me either. This will have to be fixed.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Videofab purchased March 29th 2009.

Dear all,

Please retrieve key again, you should get the key for “File to Mobile” if you have purchased VideoFab Converter before.

Best Regards,
Fengtao