How Subchannel Data Is Stored

Hi,

I’m a linux user and I’m trying to copy a CD of mine + subchannel data for use with an emulator.

I’ve come across a program for linux which supposedly copies subchannel data (http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl1_cdrdao.htm) however this produces a file called a .toc and a .bin file. Now the emulator I’m using uses .cue files and .bin files. There is a program (cueconvert) to convert .toc to .cue files but it fails when I run it with a file with the subchannel data.

Both the .toc and .cue files seem simple enough so I was wondering how subchannel data is supposed to be stored on a .cue file and perhaps I could even do it by hand?

The .toc file with subchannel data look like :

// Track 2
TRACK AUDIO RW_RAW
NO COPY
NO PRE_EMPHASIS
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
ZERO AUDIO RW_RAW 00:02:00
DATAFILE "my.bin" #164437056 04:06:33 // length in bytes: 45246384
START 00:02:00

and it’s the bit with the # and the number cueconvert doesn’t seem to like.

P.S. I am making a few assumptions here about how subchannel data works and about how I am supposed to create an image. All I could find about getting the disk I want to work with the emulator I want is something recommending I use CloneCD to copy the disk and to select copying of the Subchannel data as well then to use the image produced with the emulator. I don’t have a Windows PC to try this out on so I don’t know how this process would work.