How smart are you?

vbimport

Only a bit of fun, but what will your score be?

Take the test.

Ok, math sequences are not my strong suit however.

This should be OK :bigsmile:

Twas a fun test of stuff learned in school. :slight_smile:

Apparently, 149 is the maximum IQ I can achieve in this test given my advanced age :stuck_out_tongue: (20 correct out of 20).
Some questions took quite a bit of thinking.

I think the older you are, the more points you lose just for taking the test. Supposed to get too sharp and experienced to be suckered into taking this sort of thing! :p:p

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2778333]I think the older you are, the more points you lose just for taking the test. Supposed to get too sharp and experienced to be suckered into taking this sort of thing! :p:p[/QUOTE] The only winning move is not to play! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2778332]

Apparently, 149 is the maximum IQ I can achieve in this test given my advanced age :stuck_out_tongue: (20 correct out of 20).
Some questions took quite a bit of thinking.[/QUOTE]

That’s weird.

In addition to the age aspect, I’m wondering if time influences it? I’m not sure, but I think when I had to redo it (read: I closed the browser window before copying the result), I ended up with a sightly higher score. I answered all questions the same way, but took sightly less time.

I’m tempted to test it out (for age, time, & ‘gender’), but since it’s a silly test, I’ll let it go. :slight_smile:

The same score I had in high school.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2778332]Apparently, 149 is the maximum IQ I can achieve in this test given my advanced age :stuck_out_tongue: (20 correct out of 20).
Some questions took quite a bit of thinking.[/QUOTE]

I lied and gave my age as the maximum allowed so I wonder how that affected my score! I reviewed the answers and I know I missed two questions and possibly a third.

Is it set up so that the older you are the lower the maximum score you can achieve?

[QUOTE=UTR;2778339]Is it set up so that the older you are the lower the maximum score you can achieve?[/QUOTE] For fun I tried a second time in a private browser window, answering quite quickly and saying I was 16 years old - that gave me a 165 score. I haven’t tried varying parameters further, but originally IQ is a quotient between your intelligence and your age, so age is probably taken into account.

In other words, they fail to acknowledge the facts, age before beauty and all? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2778341]For fun I tried a second time in a private browser window, answering quite quickly and saying I was 16 years old - that gave me a 165 score. I haven’t tried varying parameters further, but originally IQ is a quotient between your intelligence and your age, so age is probably taken into account.[/QUOTE]
I guess in your case its brains before beauty. :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

^Now,now. We’ve only ever seen one picture of the Dragon Master. He may have improved beyond all recognition since then! :iagree: :bigsmile:

Now where did I put that bottle of ketchup… :stuck_out_tongue:

With a supervised IQ test. Age, gender, and the time taken to complete the test is all taken into account.

I’m not sure if this test takes all these factors into account.

What is interesting about such IQ tests are that they measure only abstract or mathematical wit, as an example… none I’ve ever seen has tested social IQ, Iow, how utterly useless they all are for day to day knowledge of being, not a shred of usability in any of them for the most. Personally, I think DrageMester sums it up as humorous as can be with his last comment, why does it have to be recognition of abstract shape or math all the time, have we indeed stagnated? Where’s real creativity, social wit… The things that matters for an intellectual being?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2778341]For fun I tried a second time in a private browser window, answering quite quickly and saying I was 16 years old - that gave me a 165 score. I haven’t tried varying parameters further, but originally IQ is a quotient between your intelligence and your age, so age is probably taken into account.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see where any of the questions are easier, or harder, to answer depending on the age of a person. What point is there to vary the results in this way?

[QUOTE=Dee;2778355]With a supervised IQ test. Age, gender, and the time taken to complete the test is all taken into account.

I’m not sure if this test takes all these factors into account.[/QUOTE]

If they do then they should tell the person taking the test at the beginning. I was interrupted by my wife 2-3 times during the test and delayed answering questions. At least I am intelligent enough to not ignore my wife because of an internet quiz. :smiley:

[QUOTE=UTR;2778359]If they do then they should tell the person taking the test at the beginning. I was interrupted by my wife 2-3 times during the test and delayed answering questions. At least I am intelligent enough to not ignore my wife because of an internet quiz. :D[/QUOTE]
LOL, that actually goes a long way in verifying what I write :flower: