How "Refresh compilation when importing session" actually works?

I’m sorry, but the information on this topic in the Nero manual is too few… It doesn’t cover all the details… So the questions are:

1. What is the difference between the state when “Refresh compilation when importing session” is checked (and none of “Add new files to compilation”, “Replace files in compilation” and “Remove deleted files from compilation” is checked) and the state when “Refresh compilation when importing session” is not checked at all?

2. What happens when “Refresh compilation when importing session” is checked and some of “Add new files to compilation”, “Replace files in compilation” and “Remove deleted files from compilation” is checked too?

3. Is it possible to create a multi-session DVD+R with “Refresh compilation when importing session” not checked and to see all the files from all the sessions at the end? From other posts in this forum I started to suspect it is not possible, but I have done it until now that way and it was possible. But going to Nero 7.2.7.0 changed this thing and now I’m wondering is it the problem with Nero or with my burner?