How other forums view Club CD Freaks

[rant]

Not that I give a rat’s ass what other sites think of CCF (well, maybe a little), but it totally pisses me off when the slave drivers (read Mods) from some forums ask me to change my sig 'cause I have CCF’s link in it. The general consensus I gathered is these walnut for a brain people think CCF promotes piracy with discussions in cracking copyright protections for game and audio CDs, and DVD backup.

Give me a fucking break!!! You know damn well these hypocritical asses backup loads of movies, music and game shit on their own, yet they talk like they’re saints who will buy another copy of DVD if the 1st copy gets scratched up. :a I will continue to put CCF in my sig, and if they don’t like it, they can either shove it or ban me. :Z

[/rant]

That’ll will all. Carry on.

Originally posted by Stoner
[B][rant]

Not that I give a rat’s ass what other sites think of CCF (well, maybe a little), but it totally pisses me off when the slave drivers (read Mods) from some forums ask me to change my sig 'cause I have CCF’s link in it. The general consensus I gathered is these walnut for a brain people think CCF promotes piracy with discussions in cracking copyright protections for game and audio CDs, and DVD backup.

Give me a fucking break!!! You know damn well these hypocritical asses backup loads of movies, music and game shit on their own, yet they talk like they’re saints who will buy another copy of DVD if the 1st copy gets scratched up. :a I will continue to put CCF in my sig, and if they don’t like it, they can either shove it or ban me. :Z

[/rant]
That’ll will all. Carry on. [/B]

Well what i’d like to know is one thread that has been left open for warez or crack talk. The mods do a good job here.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
Well what i’d like to know is one thread that has been left open for warez or crack talk. The mods do a good job here.

Thanks for the compliment.

We have a fair policy in this if you ask me (which is, of course, biased :wink: ). We give people the benefit of the doubt. Downloaded movies are not necessarily illegal (could be a trailer, copyright free video files), nor are downloaded ISO files (could be Open source, such as Linux distro). But when it is obvious that it concerns illegal activity ( wordings like “I downloaded MS Windows from Kazaa” or “I have these files <name of movie - hackergroup>.avi”), topics are immediately closed or deleted.

The policy is quite clear (if only people read and abide them), so there can be no discussion there… (the rules are copied on other sites…with and without my permission :wink: )

@Stoner, why not reveal the forum you are referring to?

All forums I browse consider CD Freaks as the CD/DVD-recoding authority :D. You browse wrong forums! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe other sites resent the success of CDFREAKS.
Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

I have stopped being active in other international forums long time ago, since the CDF forums have grown bigger and time is limited. Never got this or any similar attidute towards my sigs though, which always mentioned CDF. No problem with the greek forums i visit also.

If i ever had such a problem though, i would just leave the forum. It is their right to make the rules on their forums, if they dont like my sig thats their right, as leaving is mine.