How often do you go to the disco?

vbimport

I really love dancing. I go to the disco every time my friends go and in the last 4 or 5 weeks I’ve been there 2 or 3 times! That’s 1 time every 2 weeks! A record for me :stuck_out_tongue: Oh, and I’ve been at the disco at Canterbury too when I was on a study holiday!!

So, I’d like to know how often YOU go dancing. And what kind of music do you like to dance most ? For me the answer is dance music!

Do you like strange places? If you want to see some photos of the place I’ve been to this summer go to http://lnx.partyghina.com/foto/ :cool:

Well those pics sure don’t look eh… awful :smiley:

Anyhow… I used to go to a disco every week (once a week). Buy, as the years went by, I started to dislike many things about it, mostly the immensive drug (ab)use, the door policies and above all: the shitty music. So… I hadn’t been to a disco for over 2 or 3 years. Some time ago, I went to this cybergoth party. That was really really cool. Very nice people (a bit strange, but so am I) and awesome music (if you like that kind of stuff of course). If the disco were a little closer and I had some more time, I’d be going there as much as possible :).
Normally I hate to dance, but at that party (after some good beers of course)… well… that’s fun.

Wow! I have heard about the cybergoth party. Where do they host it?

I was in the dance scene from the early 90’s for about 7/8 years :cool: , loved the music and everything else, i don’t think they make so good dance tunes now or it may be me getting to old.
The last time i was at a disco, i left early to get something to eat, pass me the zimmer :doh:

Ekko, Utrecht.

Have a look here: http://www.cybercase.nl/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=25

Oh btw… there are more of these parties. In Eindhoven (Dutch city) there’s one such a party every month. And there should be quite some good parties like these in London. As this scene is pretty popular in Germany and Switzerland, I guess they goth nice parties over there too!

At the height of my cocaine and ecstacy-fuelled bender (ie. four-year-weekend) I was going to the, err, discos, weekly.

These days I tend to go out less and enjoy music more. :slight_smile:

You are right about that, I think the best dance tunes came out in the 90s (with a few exceptions.) :iagree:

Well don’t laugh at me, but I was very into country line dancing back in the mid 90’s. I could only go to our local club once a week, when they had underage night, but my friends and I went religiously. I lived in a small farming town in Northern California, where most people listened to country or rock, or both. It was so much fun. I miss those days, and can’t even attempt to recreate them, because that bar closed down a few years ago… :frowning: (I only live about 30 miles away)

I completely agree! Our opinion is further validated by the fact that most clubs will play music from that era when they really want the party to kick into higher gear! I can’t stand most of the crap being churned out these days. There are a few notable exceptions: The Black-Eyed Peas (love them), Linkin Park, Josh Groban, and a few more. Yes, I’m very eclectic… :iagree:

“Disco”, Man… must be ages since i’ve used that word! Just sounds so 80’s… We speaks of gig’s, clubs, raves, events… (in dutch, for me then) Anyway… I go there often and it heavely depends on the music and other guests if I like to dance. But when I’m in the party-mood I go all night… (only to stop whem I’m totally intoxicated… ;))

i must be boring i rarly go to the disco now but if some young chic want to drag me there so be it!