How not to get sued by the RIAA for file-sharing

vbimport

I just posted the article How not to get sued by the RIAA for file-sharing.

GristyMcFisty used our news submit to tell us that Electronic Foundier Foundation (EFF) has posted
information on their website how you can lower the chances that you get sued by
the RIAA. The…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6299-How-not-to-get-sued-by-the-RIAA-for-file-sharing.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6299-How-not-to-get-sued-by-the-RIAA-for-file-sharing.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

What is different about WinMx that it is not even listed on the Princeton site or in the RIAA supeona’s ?

Because it does not have enar as many people as the kazaa network. Even though winmx has much better quality for music, sometimes, its hard to get stuff off there.

I got a better one…boycott KaZaA! :B

I WILL NEVER STOP USING P2P (kazaa Lite) UNTILL THESE DAMN RIDICULOUS CD PRICES COME DOWN . I REPEAT NO BUYING UNTILL THESE FUCKED UP PRICES COME DOWN !!!:d

Am I right in thinking that it’s only in the USA a subpeona can be issued with the consent of a court clerk, rather than a judge? [ie, a full session of court, rather than simply walking into a clerks office is needed]

hmm, it would have been better if you hadn’t posted this article. now all the people out there will switch off the supernode function and in a week we won’t be able to connect, because hardly any supernodes will be left. anyway, I don’t think this has anything to do with supernodes. just as well you could say that RIAA primarily targets amd computer users.

I’m glad I use gnutella. I don’t have to worry so much.

“The RIAA appears to be targeting subpoenas at users who allow their computers to be “Supernodes” on the FastTrack P2P System (used, for instance, by KaZaA and Morpheus).” Just to point this out, but Morpheus left the FastTrack Network more than a year ago and are currently on Gnutella Network. So the only clients affected on the FastTrack Network are KaZaA/KaZaA Lite, Grokster and iMesh.

Everyone is bitching, but noone is doing anything about it… It’s time to take a stand the RIAA is only a company, and not the military. A Company can be taken down. :d Time to have our INDEPENDENCE, and take back the originality of what music was all about free speech and sharing. Most artist do agree they do the music for sharing their artfulness and position, money became an issue when the RIAA started stepping in.

Way to continue the bitching. Music isn’t and never was supposed to be free. That’s why all those musicians you speak of consider music their occupation. They want the money. Don’t be greedy.

2 questions: Can the RIAA only subpoena american isp’s/citizens?. What about eMule (the second biggest p2p) A friend of mine had recieved letter from universal asking to stop downloading there movies so if they can trace you on eMule…:r

emule shows your ip and doesn’t encrypt the content you send that means when you send something they can see if it is legal or not, look at your ip…see who your ISP is…and ask them to send you a warning