How much would you pay for the rare stuff?

I’m wondering - say you found some rare good stuff like Verbatim Metal Azo CD-R or Kodak Gold - both 650MB.

Or with DVD media, MCC002, T01, TYG01, MCC02RG20, or some other rare media you can’t get your hands on. If you stumbled across some, how much would you lay down per disc?

I’ve come across some MCC002 which scan absolutely great and have perhaps the best jitter results I’ve ever seen but they cost $1.60 per disc. $16 per 10 pack just feels so expensive when I can get 50 premium CMC MAG E01 for that price.

So how much would you pay, should the rarest media, which you most desire, somehow became available?

Unless the price is absolutely outrageous, I snap up all the rare media I can find.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1922912]Unless the price is absolutely outrageous, I snap up all the rare media I can find.[/QUOTE]

Well what price is outrageous eh? Cmon we need some ball park figures here. :smiley:

It seems 1.60 is too much for myself. That’s also because I find that I can get media that’s also just as good for cheaper.

$1 is the most I would pay unless it was the super rare Metal Azo Verbatim 650MB White ceramic CD-Rs from back in the day. I would pay $2 per disc for that stuff!

I think $2/disc is about the most I would spend for SL media, and that would have to be in small amounts. A 10 pack for $10, $15 or $20 doesn’t bother me a whole lot, but I don’t think I’d be paying $100 for a 50 pack.

The last “rare” media I found was Maxell TYG01 (5-pack, jewel cases) and Verbatim YUDEN000 T02 (25 spindle).

I paid £3.97 for the TYG01, and £14.99 for the Verb T02.

I think like Two Degrees said, I’d snap any of the rare stuff unless the price is outrageous. :wink:

I have once paid € 9 for three MCC 002 (MIT). Super-rare stuff simply does not exist here (anymore).

I wouldn’t expect [B][I]anything[/I][/B] to be available in “about:blank” :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1922996]I wouldn’t expect [B][I]anything[/I][/B] to be available in “about:blank” :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Took me a couple of seconds to get that. Hehe :bigsmile:

/me ponders putting rare media on ebay :wink:

I’d pay extra money for special stuff like e.g. Verbatim Hard Coat Protection, Verbatim Archival Quality, Verbatim MediDisc, TDK “SnatchProof” (excellent typo from the ChatBox :D).

I’d also pay extra money for known good rare stuff.

I also like to experiment with stuff I haven’t tried before.

But I don’t really collect older media just because it’s rare.

EDIT:
I have paid 11 DKK per disc for Verbatim Archival Grade (~ $2 ~ £1 ~ €1.5) and that’s plenty expensive for Single Layer discs IMO. I don’t really consider it rare media since it’s still being produced AFAIK.

I have also paid around 6 DKK per disc for Verbatim MediDisc CD-R (~ $1.10 ~ £0.60 ~ €0.80) which is probable the most expensive CD-R I have bought recently.

I have of course paid much more than this for DVD and CD media in the early days.

First time I saw Panasonic TYG03 , they were selling here for 2$ per disc in slim case .

I opened it and I saw the famous GH000XXX code and it burnt exceptionally well , I decided to get more .

I was paying about 7.5$ per 5 slim cases disc for some time , then I found the 25 packs for 14$ eatch and heard that another store has them for ~12$ and I decided to buy them ALL :bigsmile:

If I found TYG01 or T01 or MCC002 , I would gladly pay 5$ per disc for the sake of scince ? (2 discs per MID max ) , Although I am sure that if I ever found them here in Egypt I can convince the seller to give them to me free and I give him Benq DAXON AZ3 instead simply because the rare good stuff would only be 4X certified while the “bad” stuff would be 16X certified !!! :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1923159]I’d pay extra money for special stuff like e.g. Verbatim Hard Coat Protection, Verbatim Archival Quality, Verbatim MediDisc, TDK “SnatchProof” (excellent typo from the ChatBox :D).[/QUOTE]

“SnatchProof”, does that mean it’s protected against me snatching it? :bigsmile:

I consider my stash rare stuff :bigsmile: If i can keep it long enough it will be rare stuff :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1923258]“SnatchProof”, does that mean it’s protected against me snatching it? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]I’m not going to touch that with…

[quote=Arachne;1923258]“SnatchProof”, does that mean it’s protected against me snatching it? :bigsmile:[/quote] Yep, it offers protection from greedy kitty paws! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol @ greedy kitty paws.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1922994]I have once paid € 9 for three MCC 002 (MIT). Super-rare stuff simply does not exist here (anymore).[/QUOTE]

I know a place that has about 200 10 packs… Digital Movie branded and they’re absolute A grade stuff. I might visit this place again sometime and make an offer to take them all away for a reduced price.

How much would a stamp collector pay for the rare stamps?:wink:

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1922909]

Or with DVD media, MCC002, T01, TYG01, MCC02RG20, or some other rare media you can’t get your hands on. If you stumbled across some, how much would you lay down per disc? [/QUOTE]

Around here I can get all of the Verbatim branded MCC02RG20 that I care to buy
for around .35¢ a disc or something like $17.50 per 50 cakebox.:clap::iagree:

Well if its MIJ TDK 8x or 12x CD-Rs I would pay up to 6000 yen for 50pcs. For MIJ Mitsui (Silver layer) or MIJ Kodak 6500 yen and up to 7500 yen for Mitsui MIJ 8x CD-Rs with Gold reflection layer for 50pcs. For Mitsui Toatsu MIJ CD-Rs as well as for any MIJ 550MB Media I would pay as much as 10000 yen for 50pcs.
For DVD I would never pay more than what Mori or MediaBox DVD-Rs cost…

In USA, you can buy MCC 02RG20 from rima.com @ $75/50pc Gold Archive, $15/50pc Silver Shine, $18/50pc InkJet Printable, @20/50pc Thermal Printable.

The inkjet hub printable I got is CMC.