How much do you think I should sell this PC for?

vbimport

I’ve been unintentionally gathering bits and bobs and have accumulated enough for a PC. May as well make a few £££ as they’re just sitting here, useless.

ATX 400W PSU
AMD 1.1 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
20GB HDD
52x CD reader (& floppy)
RJ11 & RJ45 cards installed
Basic keyboard & mouse
Windows XP
Microsoft Office 2007

The wife said £30 to someone that she knows… I dunno. On one side, I think there’s a lot of stuff in there and it seems cheap, on the other it’s all very old. What do you guys think?

Don’t know about your tax laws but I would donate it to a church group or pre-school for kids to learn on and claim retail value for a tax wright-off.

I live in the UK, things don’t work like that to my knowledge.

Plus I’m a student - I don’t pay taxes. And all these groups you’re thinking of have ample computers with nice CD monitors and broadband access to use; things like the YMCA, church youth groups, etc.

[quote=groovemeister;2025228]
ATX 400W PSU
AMD 1.1 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
20GB HDD
52x CD reader (& floppy)
Basic keyboard & mouse
Windows XP
Microsoft Office 2007

The wife said £30 to someone that she knows… I dunno. On one side, I think there’s a lot of stuff in there and it seems cheap, on the other it’s all very old. What do you guys think?[/quote]Hardware is really dated. I would sell the single parts on ebay.
If the XP and Office are complete licenses (including media, COA etc.) I’d keep the software.
If the licenses are possibly not complete (and genuine of course), then I wouldn’t buy the computer.

Michael

[quote=groovemeister;2025228]I’ve been unintentionally gathering bits and bobs and have accumulated enough for a PC. May as well make a few £££ as they’re just sitting here, useless.

ATX 400W PSU
AMD 1.1 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
20GB HDD
52x CD reader (& floppy)
Basic keyboard & mouse
Windows XP
[B]Microsoft Office 2007[/B]

The wife said £30 to someone that she knows… I dunno. On one side, I think there’s a lot of stuff in there and it seems cheap, on the other it’s all very old. What do you guys think?[/quote]
I don’t MS 2007 is old and it is not transferable either so you will have to live with that one. LOL.

No, they come with discs.

They’re genuine.

About 150 EUR tops, I would be happy with 120.
//Danne

That’s £100 tops, happy with £80, right?

Well the £30 (45 EUR) the wife has agreed on with someone seems like a veritable bargain. :frowning:

EDIT: Oh, it is 133MHz RAM, mind.