How much do you pay for your media?

vbimport

Are rebates on CD-Rs as common in the world as they are in the US? I see all sorts of CD's online for $.30-1.00 each, and I've considered buying Kodak or Mitsui for my important data, but why when I can get 100 CMC's for free after a rebate? I figure if a CD gets old, reburn it on mid-quality media, then repeat. That way I can pay $0.00 for a spindle instead of $30.00.

Most of the stuff I backup is gonna be old in a few years, so why the expensive media.
My backup of my cd’s is the same, as soon the disc is gone I make a fresh copy.
Only the data software I write myself and my digitized photos are burned on quality media.

Only the best for me…

i buy cd’s at Aldi …20 pieces for +/- 12 euro…never had problems with them (24x speed)

We also can buy PLATINUM cd’s …10 pieces for +/- 4.5 euro…this is online by a drugstore called Schlecker. I think they are 24 speed also…and the cd’s are good.

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]i buy cd’s at Aldi …20 pieces for +/- 12 euro…never had problems with them (24x speed)

We also can buy PLATINUM cd’s …10 pieces for +/- 4.5 euro…this is online by a drugstore called Schlecker. I think they are 24 speed also…and the cd’s are good. [/B]

For larger quantities you might want to check out the CD Freaks shop… :wink:

I always buy Tybotech cd’s (tayo yuden).
I pay 35€ for a spindel of 100 cd’s.

I can perfectly burn audio or data with 40x on them.

I’m in Canada. I try and buy ALL of my cd-r’s in the USA.

In Canada, you’ll pay about $29.99 (+ 15% tax) at a retail store for a cheap 50 pack spindle. There’s NO rebates in Canada on discs. I have no idea why. When I buy my discs in the USA, I can get amazing deals. I got two spindles of 110 discs (110 on each spindle) at BestBuy for $19.99 US (each spindle) after rebates. That is less than half the cost of Canada’s price. They were PNY 700mb branded discs.

19.99 US x 1.65 exchange to CDN = $32.98

That works out to 30 cents Canadian per disc. That’s far better than 60 or 70 cents.

when I burn for myself I use Kodak CD-R Gold Ultima (expensive), when I burn for someone else I use the cheapest brand available

smartass…thanx

i just checked them out…i know it was there…but i always forget about them…(sorry)

At the moment I think it’s like AU$1.45 here. Not all that sure what it is for the bigger spindles of disks as I don’t really use all that many of late… I have only found one brand so far that my writer likes.

Originally posted by snowie
[B]I always buy Tybotech cd’s (tayo yuden).
I pay 35€ for a spindel of 100 cd’s.

I can perfectly burn audio or data with 40x on them. [/B]

Hi Snowie,

I am very interested to hear where you can find these spindels.
Living in Belgium myself and looking for some good cd’s :slight_smile:

thanks

Bramble

$29.99 for a 101 pack of CompUSA brand 1x-16x (Burn them at 32x not probs and I don’t know why it’s always 101 cds)

Love them, especially because they have no label.

$29.99 for a 101 pack of CompUSA brand 1x-16x (Burn them at 32x not probs and I don’t know why it’s always 101 cds)

the extra is if you make a coaster.

I use variuos, but have went back verbatim, because I can get 50 for like 13@ at Sam’s Warehouse.

TEST: Don’t even though if this is really a test of Media or hardware but try it anyways.

Take a key to the bottom of the CD and see if it still reads well (espesially with audio) then take a key to the top of the cd and try to read it. Almost 100% of time scrachting top of CD will make it unreadable but still… I just did this and it was a fun waste of a 20 cent peice of plastic.

My CompUSA cheapies:
Bottom could still read data fine, with audio just a few pops about every min or so. (I REALLY scrached it for about 3 minutes)

Top of the CD made the silver stuff come off and CD was unreadable.

I have put a few brands and types though my writer but have had to really stick with one brand. Verbatim’s are all that my Acer will really burn right. Everything else it always seems to stuff up.