How much cache size for IE temporary files?

vbimport

By default IE set my cache for temporary files to 3575 MB !!! I think that’s too much space. I have a 120 GB partition. Which size should I set ?

It’s one of those stupid defaults that is set based on the size of the hard drive.
If you use a broadband connection then I would set it at 10MB (that’s what I use). If you use dial-up set it somewhere between 50-100MB.

Another thing to check. If you right click on the Recycle bin and select properties you can see how much space is set aside for it. The default is 10% (on your hard drive that would be 12GB!). Set it to the min 1%.

1mb and 1 day is more than enough.

I prefer 10MB myself :iagree:

80M

Mine is 300Meg or 100Meg I have to check but I keep mine low not what IE wants. That way to much…even if I have a large HDD. That ludicrous to give it that large of space if it was a Server maybe but single users not…

I have mine set at 50MB but since I keeep mine cleaned on a daily basis I could probably set it to less.

[QUOTE=cholla;2438734]I have mine set at 50MB but since I keeep mine cleaned on a daily basis I could probably set it to less.[/QUOTE]

Ok checked mine is also set at 50MB as well…wow that was way off … :stuck_out_tongue:

The size depend on your system partition,if your system partition have capability of 120G, the cache will be 120G,if your system partition have capability of 2G, the cache will be 2G.

[QUOTE=godxiang;2439420]The size depend on your system partition,if your system partition have capability of 120G, the cache will be 120G,if your system partition have capability of 2G, the cache will be 2G.[/QUOTE]

I think what is being said is 2G is way to much space for temp files. That’s way to much wasted space for any site or multiple sites cache just to be able to use it. If you having problem loading might be time to up your system RAM and or CPU to improve system performance rather then just letting the HDD take all the work. I never understood or figure out why use so much temp file cache when in the end you close it and if it doesn’t clear out it will always be there taking up HDD space that the problem with temp files that don’t clear out some do and some don’t. And IE doesn’t tell you-you either have to make it clear it or manual clear it.