How may I change ID in BenQ BSJB firmware ...?

vbimport

I have a question. How can I may change ID in BenQ firmware BSJB
from DVD recorder BenQ DW1640 to new ID: Plextor DVDR PX-740A ?

My friend have Plextor PX-740A flashed with BenQ firmware BSJB (BenQ DW 1640) and want change ID in system. Does it possible changing in binary .cvf firmwares from http://happy.happy.nu/dvd-rw/1640/ in hex editor or is something others way to change this ID ?

Regards,

I have a question. How can I may change ID in BenQ firmware BSJB
from DVD recorder BenQ DW1640 to new ID: Plextor DVDR PX-740A ?

My friend have Plextor PX-740A flashed with BenQ firmware BSJB (BenQ DW 1640) and want change ID in system. Does it possible changing in binary .cvf firmwares from http://happy.happy.nu/dvd-rw/1640/ in hex editor or is something others way to change this ID ?

Regards,

Does it really matter, or are you using the Nero Express OEM?

The 740 is really a 1640 clone?!

The firmware is packed and checksummed, so you can not edit it directly.

I believe that the .cvf firmwares are actually checksummed so you cannot simply make changes using a hex editor unless you completely understand how to correct the checksum.

There is a cvt of the Plextor 740a firmware floating around though I don’t know who has it but this guy definitely does as you can see from the screenshot of WinDWFlash.

Edit:Realised I misread your post you want to change the ID in the BenQ firmware not change to the Plex firmware.

I think you were right the first time, I read it as he’s trying to convert the drive back to plex 740.

Q.

OK dhc014. Do You know whitch bytes have checksums of .cvf file ? Last four bytes or other?

THX for reply.

Regards,

Maybe you should the part with the hex editor again …

Yeah, I know. But he doesn’t mention directly that he wants to keep the Benq firmware. The hex editor part can be interpreted both ways as well. Either he wants to use Benqs firmware, but wants the drive to appear as a Plextor, or he wants to convert it back to Plextor firmware. I guess your interpretation is equally possible, but I fail to see the reasoning behind it. To keep warranty? While it might make it a bit harder for Plextor to discover that the drive’s been tampered with, I don’t think it would make much of a difference.

Just my 2,
Q.

flashing w/Plextor fw solves his problem, guaranteed :slight_smile: BONUS: no hex editor needed!

@Payti
Please read the forum rules before you post further. Posting the same thing more than once (crossposting) is against these rules :cop:.

Rules and policies.

Threads merged