How many times can a burned cd/dvd be read/accessed?! Is that unlimited?

Hi,

First of all, is it true that both rewritable cds and dvds can be rewritten 1000 times?

But what I also would like to know, how many times can you read/access a burned cdr and dvd discs. Is this unlimited or not?! I would like to know this for cdr, dvd+/-r and dvd+/-rw. Is there a difference between those media regarding how many times they can be read/accessed?! Does a cd last longer then dvd and is there difference between + and - and whether it’s rewritable media or not?!

So far I have only burned cdr’s, I use a Plextor drive and Plextor media (I believe that is Taiyo Yuden).

Thanks!

is it true that both rewritable cds and dvds can be rewritten 1000 times?

No. The real number is somewhere between 1 and a few hundred, depending on the particular media and the drive.

how many times can you read/access a burned cdr and dvd discs

Same answer. Nobody really knows. The real limiting factor has more to do with how the discs are handled and stored.

Does a cd last longer then dvd and is there difference between + and - and whether it’s rewritable media or not

No, and no, and RW media is far less reliable than R.

The readability of discs depends on the quality of the disc and how you handle it.
If you have Grade A CD-R media stored appropriately they should be redable for at least 5years (the oldest i have are 5years old). DVD should be about the same.
But i know of DVD players which have too strong lasers and destroy your disc after the first read…