How many of you are planning on joining the Armed Forces?

I read a while back that one CD Freak was joining the Armed Forces. I, too, will be joining either the Navy, Marines or Army soon. I guess you could say (or claim as propaganda) that these are the times when my country needs me the most and that is when I will step up and be prepared to serve it.

I guess that makes me one of the rare soldier-scholar people with a rosy civvie career ahead of them with my university degree yet decide to go off and risk my life for King and Country.

Come on people…you’re only young once and what better way to take advantage of your youth than spend it with bullets whizzing by your head? :cool: Nothing like the risk of death to make you feel young, alive and ready to live to the fullest :smiley:

I’m curious - who else here are in, or are contemplating joining the Armed Forces, and when + why?

I will join them when I get drafted to invade France. Those toad eating bastards must pay!! :smiley:

Seriously, I would join them if drafted. No going to Canada for me. I would prefer to finish college, but if asked I will gladly go.

Was rejected because of medically unfit…but I am not complaining :wink:

I was checked and approved worthy of the battle fields.

I don’t have to go to training (which was mandatory a couple of years back) , but if my country tells me to go to war , i have to.

I think i’ll make nice cannon fodder.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
I think i’ll make nice cannon fodder.

LOL :slight_smile:

I certainly won’t join any army by free will, I will make my best to get rejected.

I was never in the frame of mind to join the Forces. I know its mandatory to undergo training for the Armed Forces in some countries (not mine).

Definitely not my cup of tea :slight_smile:

I thought about joining the Air Force when I was 19 (1976) but chickened out…I thought that it would be the coolest branch, cause at the time they allowed mustaches…and there was no war going on…Sometimes I think maybe I should’ve done it…I’d been retired by now with a pension and free medical coverage…Oh well, live and learn…

Hehe, joining the army? When pigs fly. :slight_smile:

I would, but I don’t like guns and violance.

Originally posted by dansmug
Hehe, joining the army? When pigs fly. :slight_smile:
Same here.

Well in my country you have to do Military Service, but I kept myself out of it. :slight_smile:

I handle to get my Military Service liberation paper without doing it. Shhhhh don’t tell anyone. :bigsmile:

HA! I’ve never even considered it. I have a few friends that are in. Most of them are really twisted in the head(thinking aqotwf was a pro war book). I would hate to see the day they are on the battle field.

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
[B]I guess you could say (or claim as propaganda) that these are the times when my country needs me the most and that is when I will step up and be prepared to serve it.

I guess that makes me one of the rare soldier-scholar people with a rosy civvie career ahead of them with my university degree yet decide to go off and risk my life for King and Country.

Come on people…you’re only young once and what better way to take advantage of your youth than spend it with bullets whizzing by your head? :cool: Nothing like the risk of death to make you feel young, alive and ready to live to the fullest :smiley:
[/B]

ok, let me break it down for ya…

1. The US need no help whatsoever in defeating Iraq. They have no nukes, and we have been “lied into war” by our friend Dubya.
  2. With the way things are going, your university degree means nothing. Mine sure doesn’t… ok fine. It’ll get you a $15/hr cubicle job vs Dunkin Donuts.
  3. Stop playing first person shooters, its not good for you.

Sorry to be the devils… oh wait nevermind. I seriously hope you are all kidding, and are just always sarcastic 100 % of the time, here is a good read for you:

http://www.twelvestone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3235

“Every fetus has the Jesus given right to get killed for oil!!!”
-azn