How many emoticons is too many?

After Including too many pictures in a post for the 3rd time in a month, Iโ€™ve created the above poll.

:slight_smile: :bigsmile: :smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: :rolleyes:

Iโ€™d also like to point out that you cannot include one of every cdfreaks emoticon in a single post!

Emoticons sure are handy to express what you are feeling or what kind of emotion youโ€™re in while typing or posting.

Saves a lot of trouble

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]Emoticons sure are handy to express what you are feeling or what kind of emotion youโ€™re in while typing or posting.

Saves a lot of trouble [/B]

Agreed

On a side note, do you live here? This is the third time in the last 2 weeks that youโ€™ve replied to my poll/post within 5 minutes of posting!!!

I can just imagine how confusing that it would be one someone asks you for your permanent address!

MR Bโ€™s permanent address as is listed on tax return, license and bank account statements โ€œhttp://club.cdfreaks.comโ€

:bigsmile:

(spooky voice)

iโ€™m always here

(end of spooky voice)

why would anyone want to limit the use of emoticons ? let people play around the way they want. :wink:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
(spooky voice)
(end of spooky voice)

I just felt a chill up my spine. Anyone else feel that.

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by debro

I just felt a chill up my spine. Anyone else feel that.

:slight_smile:

No, the spooky voice came here delayed โ€ฆ
so that when reading those frightful words I did have time to be prepared to be scared :bigsmile:

As with most things, not too many, not too little.

Up to five emoticons in 100 English words? I often encounter very young people who use more than ten emoticons (not the kind used here) in less than 100 Korean words. Quite annoying - enough to make me wonder if they are semi-literate.

Emoticons are :frowning: ok :bow: for :bigsmile: setting your :a general tone. :eek: However, there :Z are some :cool: posters that :wink: put too :smiley: many of :o the icons in their posts. In my opinion, not more than three is fine. Anything over that is overdoing it . Besides common courtesy, you ahve a limit on how many emoticons you can post.

I like emoticons :slight_smile: but one should not overdo it.

I think 10 is the max you can put in your posts. Couldnt get more than that in my above post. :cool: