How Many BD-R Coasters Have You Made?

vbimport

Please read the quotes and keep on topic!

Will head to the BX this week and buy some ready to make coasters. The coffee rings on my computer desk look terrible.

If I count all the BD-R media I have burned with CD-speed for review purposes I have wasted a lot.

So, maybe we should only count real life burning.

Great idea for this thread I think.

burnt about 70 or so bd-r 1 fail which was a tdk rest are verbs not had no trouble with :slight_smile:

no coasters, but 3 burned BD video disc, that didn’t work properly while played back. read back is fine

None that wouldn’t read back, but one that wouldn’t play back in my Panasonic DMP-BD30.

16 Blocks, Aeon Flux, American Psycho, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Saw, Saw II, Saw III, Speed, Swordfish, and Terminator 2, all BD-25 movies to begin with - will work when ripped/backed up to the hard drive with AnyDVD HD, built using the BDMV and certificate folders in IMGburn, and then the resulting image being burned in IMGBurn. But I tried several times with Rocky and it simply. Will. Not. Load.

No coasters so far, but i have only burned 12 discs.

What brands or manufacturers are we talking about please?

all i mostly use is Japan made (TDK, Verbatim, Panasonic) I have two Taiwan disc, but i don’t trust them.

You guys are head of the game with lots of money to have privilege to have BR Recorder while %95 of us we don’t even have the BR player yet. Good luck to all of your with your coming coasters discs.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2125733]You guys are head of the game with lots of money to have privilege to have BR Recorder while %95 of us we don’t even have the BR player yet. Good luck to all of your with your coming coasters discs.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for the constructive contribution… jeez!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=ricoman;2125916]Well thanks for the constructive contribution… jeez!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Whether you like or not you get some how coaster, we all get it any way.

Only two RE disc (TDK & LG) = Zero coasters.

I made a few coaster but it was my fault. I started burning BD-R with defect management enabled so as you know, burning speed is less than 1x. Figured that I had to wait for 100 minutes, I got impatient and cancelled the burns. :o

Then on another instance I found my Made in Japan MEIT01 BD-RE is dude (Memorex). ImgBurn log shows lots of errors and trials during burning. So one bad MIJ BD-RE among 50-ish I own.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2125173]What brands or manufacturers are we talking about please?[/QUOTE]
2 TDK BD-R
3 Verbatim BD-R
7 TDK BD-RE

As I said, I don’t have a BD burner so I don’t know much about them. Can burned BD discs be scanned with CDspeed? If so, I would love to see what one looks like and what kind of numbers constitutes a “good” burn and a “bad” one.

Umm, to be honest and being blunt (no offence intended) but why is anyone bothering burning BD-R’s at £6 -£7 a pop? You can backup to a HDD for roughly £1.50 for a standard HD movie if you strip out unwanted extras / languages etc. Then / If blank prices drop to comparable costs you can transfer to them then and use the HDD for other backups / uses. You also avoid the hassle of coasters, failed burns, media decay etc etc.

The price point of Blu ray blanks is quite farankly, a joke, and they won’t be getting my custom until they lower their price points significantly. At the moment they are just taking the piss with the early adopter market - my advice is vote with your feetand go elsewhere!