How Long Will LADIES Computerfreaks Keep Interest?

In other words how long and at wich average age the LADY Computerfreaks will stop and keep it for seen?

For instance I (like many men) have followed the developing from the beginning (also many ladies) but at some age (no medical issues…) the interesses could get faded, also by man, but I mean than the technical interest like new products and faster, smaller(but more powerfull) products, not just because you needed for social networks or email, but overclocking, and a nicer new keyboard or other equipment…
or makes Firmwares faster or get it better… like DEE :flower:

Because there is no evidence, that men in the technical area are more intelligenter, or curious how some technical things works…

(OK in the profession, it is now proven that women can be good or better bitches than men in the managing field, and I dont want to use the “B” word as bad, because it mostly stands for harder mentality (character) for instance in the LAW, Lawyer, Juridis., CEO’s field.)

greetings HardwareHarry:iagree:

COME ON LADIES, DON’T LET ME DOWN and be the fool, I know here’s potential enough among the lady’s input!

greetings, HardwareHarry

I can’t really ever remember not being a tech geek, as a child i had no interest in playing with dolls, in fact i’d pull the arms and legs off my older sisters dolls, so could put the doll back together again.

As we got a bit older, my sister always wanted to spend time with our mum and learn how to cook, etc etc. I would rather spend the time with my dad, he worked at HP as a design engineer, so i learnt about technology while she learnt to cook. My parents were a bit worried about me, and my non girl like, habits. :smiley:

Of course, everything changed when i discovered boys and became sexually active, i then learnt to cook and take care of a house. The interest in technology has never gone away though, and i still get excited at new technologies that come along. So i guess that interest will never leave me.

In some cases Ladies are more interested in using the computer than knowing what is inside. Most ladies could build a computer if they wanted to but would rather plug it in and use it. In my former school the computer tech was male but the computer lab teacher was female.
Any person who can use a sewing maching can build a desktop PC.
Gone are the days when a home computers like the Apple II were a hobby for geeks, now you don’t type in you oun programs you learn how to use programs.

Hi Dee and CCRomeo, interesting start (ofcourse a little predictable…but that is with all new threads, first the head and then coming loose…:wink:

thanks for starting, gr. HardwareHarry

(often you heard that little boys play with dolls, but later at age
they get interested in real girls, and get at school experiences with other things in life)

Pretty similar to Dee when I was younger. I was always interested in what made things - especially anything electronic - work. :slight_smile:

While I was at school, while the other girls wanted to do catering and childcare mainly…I wanted to become an electrician :o

My interest in PCs in particular only really kicked off when I was in my early 20’s, when my boyfriend at the time had a PC and started getting into software. I bought that PC from him when he upgraded, and started getting into the hardware side of things (that whole taking things apart to see how they work thing, you know).

We made a good couple - he was into the software stuff, I was into hardware. :slight_smile:

Been an ongoing thing from that point, though I only spend time inside my PCs when they need a clean, or a component upgraded/replaced these days :slight_smile:

My mother was a seamstress by day in the 1960’s by night she built gyroscopes for missiles at Hamilton Standard corporation. She is 83 years old and still knows how to read an Oscilloscope, and also is one of the finest cooks I have ever know. She Has a7.1 surround sound system, loves Science Fiction and had a 50" Plasma TV before any one else I know did.

Hi Zathros,

That’s a beautiful example how it goes in life, the ladies were underrated in their posabilities and knowledge, and therefore years ago didn’t get higher functions as telephoniste, recepcioniste or secretaresse…

Luckaly this is changed, we see it here also the girls like Dee, Arachne and I know there are more talents here who gives also a good example how the
knowledge and practicing in real life is improved, the girls are more saying (literaly) and comes with good idea’s in different jobs, and gain by that a higher face, with impression!

Nice going ladies, prove us more!

greetings and success, HardwareHarry

Yo-

They can stay around as long as they wish-eh!!

:iagree: :iagree:

We need more [U][B]ladies![/B][/U] around here.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2443755]My mother was a seamstress by day in the 1960’s by night she built gyroscopes for missiles at Hamilton Standard corporation. She is 83 years old and still knows how to read an Oscilloscope, and also is one of the finest cooks I have ever know. She Has a7.1 surround sound system, loves Science Fiction and had a 50" Plasma TV before any one else I know did.[/QUOTE]

Good for her and long may it continue!

We have some very exceptionally talented ladies around here too.

Two of which have already posted in this thread. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi Wombler,

I agree we have some very exceptionally talented ladies around here too.
Some are too modest, or don’t wanted the attentention, no obligations girls
just we as male wanted YOU to get forward and just told your experience in your situation, just only as you want to…

“I had started several websites in the nineties, to test hardware(as little as I knew in the beginning) read famous other harwaresites then, and got more experienence, then I approach in NL Microstar Computers(MSI Taiwan) dept. marketing, if I could get their newsreleases publish officially, OK, then the marketing -officer(girl) asked me if I would be interested to get send some computer parts per year, and publish my own experiences, YES, I would like that very much, so we had a deal ! I got an official name and logo designed myself HardwarExpo (Hardware Exposed), and got me a set of providers around the world to publish as an official promotor! In Asia(Singapore), USA, Australia,Europe, UK,South America… MSI was a fantastic trademark, but then somewhere in the millenium it’s got me too busy, and asked to stop the agreement, they didn’t like that because together we builded a trust among the younger public, and they could ask me questions, but I found it enough …
They wanted to let me do more for less material, I thought go somewhere else and it was not that easy anymore(2004) that was the commercializing of this so called help eachother out…made a lot of friends around the world and exchanged some info with other Hardware sites, but after that then they have to pay for each advertisement, and promotional handling”

So if you come into my house and call the name MSI, you will be shocked howmany answers you get! A lot of equipment still works.

greetings HardwareHarry

I agree we have some very exceptionally talented ladies around here too.
Some are too modest, or don’t wanted the attentention, no obligations girls
just we as male wanted YOU to get forward and just tell your experience in your situation, just only as you want to…

A pity, the ladies don’t want to come in the spotlight, they rather stay anonymous, well we can’t force you, it’s OK by me!

greetings, HardwareHarry