How long to copy Call of Duty

Hi, I started to make a copy of CoD and it had done .4% after 10 minuites. Is this correct. I am using Alcohol 120%. Also my BTC CDRW drive won’t read the disk so I will have to use my CD drive to make an image then burn it with the burner. Will this work ok?
Thanks
asdex
:bow:

Hi asdex,

try another drive. If you checked the Safedisc 3.1 profile for reading in latest alcohol version, fast error skipping should be enabled. So the drive you used for making an image of COD don’t got this option. Please post the drives name and their firmware:)

Are you getting a big bunch of read errors? If you are, then taking so long is normal.

Hi thanks for replies. My cd drives are:
BTC BCE1610IM and OEM CD-ROM F56E. Both use Microsoft driver 5.1.2535.0. I tried to find a driver for the BTC rewriter but on the BTC site it said totally compatible with WinXP. I set Alcohol to Safedisk 2/3 and I see Skip reading errors and fast skip error blocks are ticked. When copying the CD drive is pulsing sort of fast and slow and there are alot of Disk read error at 849 etc.
Thanks,
asdex

Originally posted by asdex
When copying the CD drive is pulsing sort of fast and slow and there are alot of Disk read error at 849 etc.

That’s normal for all safedisc protected games. There will be about 550 - 600 read errors in the first ~10,500 sectors during which reading will be very slow. Don’t worry about it. Reading speed will return to normal after the first ~10,500 sectors have been read and it will only take another 2 or 3 minutes to read the rest of the cd.

Hi, thanks for your replies. I let it copy away and it took 3 hours. Then I burnt it to CD but it doesn’t work. I can see the files in explorer but the game won’t access it to play. I will try the Diskdump and Fireburner combo.
Cheers,
asdex

Also, someone else is having the same problem here. So you might want to keep an eye on that thread as well :smiley:

I was having the same problems until i was advised that I should set the read speed to 4X and select the safedisc not the savedisc 2/3 option on Alcohol120. It took 3 hours but now I have a working copy. I have tried installing it and everything is fine:D

Originally posted by Sonofa9
I was having the same problems until i was advised that I should set the read speed to 4X and select the safedisc not the savedisc 2/3 option on Alcohol120. It took 3 hours but now I have a working copy. I have tried installing it and everything is fine:D

This worked probably because you had a 2 sheep SafeDisc killer. The SafeDisc 2/3 profile was meant for people with 0 sheep burners. The SafeDisc profile is good only for SafeDisc games and people with 2 Sheep burners.