How long does it take you to burn movie?

vbimport

I have CloneDVD and AnyDVD along with DVD X copy xpress. I have burned a few movies with DVD x copy and alot of them only take 20-30 mins. and I am done, but with CloneDVD and AnyDVD it takes between 2-3 hours for one movie. I have a brand new computer with a dual layer burner. Why the time difference?? Thanks.

@ xtremez28.

It should not take much over 25 minutes to Rip and Record a DVD with the AnyDVD-Clone software combination.

Since you have failed to provide any information about your computer hardware it is impossible to hazard a guess as to why it takes you 2-3 hours to Rip and Record a DVD.

As a starting point suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest versions of AnyDVD-CloneDVD.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I downloaded the lastest software as of Friday. I have an emachines t6003. It is an Athlon 64 3000 with 1G of RAM and a dual layer DVD burner. Like i said, on x copy it will sometimes only take 30 min, but on clonedvd it takes like 3 hours.

Search the forums for DMA and check your DMA settings.

I checked my DMA settings and I have 3 primary channels and 3 secondary channels and all were set to DMA if available except for one, so I changed the one secondary channel to DMA if available and rebooted. I then put in National Treasure and it said it was going to take 87 min. to just burn the DVD not including writing it to DVD. What is the deal!?!?!? Please help!!

Ripping and burning is dependent on the speed of your computer.
With that combination, you should get through it in 20 minutes or so.
Ignore the time it tells you (ie 87 minutes) that changes rapidly as the process continues - it always lies to me.
Make sure you don’t have any other packet burning software installed.
Also make sure the disc is clean.
The vast majority of times I have trouble, the disc is dirty eg, especially greasy finger marks.
Get yourself a microfibre cloth, they’re great for this job because they don’t scratch.

My computer has an Athlon 64 3000 process with 1G of ram. It has been taking between 2-3 hours to burn. The only software on my computer is Anydvd, CloneDVD, CloneCD, X copy xpress, and Nero(came preinstalled on my compuyter). What else can I do??

To quote Revhead - make sure you have no packet writting software on your PC - I have had nothing but problems with packet writting software -and won’t have it on my PC anymore. I don’t know if it will help for sure, but it is a thing to rule out.

I don’t remember. What kind of burner did you say you have? Oh, and what kind of motherboard?

I have an Emachines t6003 model. It has an Athlon 64 3000 processor… I am not exactly sure on the motherboard. What is packet writing software??

Packet writing software would be something like Nero InCD or Roxio DirectCD - if you don’t use it uninstall it from your machine. I have never felt the need to use it - when I burn data, I just create a data disc and burn it that way.