How long can you store unburned TY DVDRs

How long can you store unburned TY DVDRs without any degradation in quality?

Excellent question! I want to know the answer right away. Along with a couple others.

1. Is there a God?
  2. Is the universe really expanding and will everything end up as cold, void space?
  3. Are there paralell universes and if so, are they expanding as well?
    Thanks for reading this post and I need the answers by 1800 PST as I am buying more media.

There is no science to it, but IMHO I would not store ANY unburned media for more than a year.

I have a few hundred Fuji TYG02 and T02 16-17 months ago, they burn exactly the same now as they did when I bought them. Same story with other, older media as well for that matter. I wouldn’t store them in direct sunlight or high humidity, but I’ve not given my unburned media any special treatment and I’ve seen zero degradation with any of my media.

The official position from manufacturers is either 3 years or 7 years. I just cannot recall which it was and I am leaning toward 3 years.

if kept in a dark cool place, you should be able to store them a very long time… I would hope.

I still have a spindle of Kodak Gold/Gold 650MB CDs (yes, those prized highly sought after ones) and they still burn beautifully.

LOL!!! freakin LOL … funniest thing I’ve read all day! thanks for the laugh steve :wink:

I don’t think that is very accurate where TY is concerned - if that were the case then some retailers, including some online, would be in major trouble, including TY itself.

Stored in a dry place and away from light I’d say 5 years or more - and to be safe for rest, 2 maybe 2.5 :slight_smile:

Of course there is :slight_smile:

1. Is the universe really expanding and will everything end up as cold, void space?

Actually the universe is shrinking and will eventually become 1 dot that will explode all over again and you will be asking the same EXACT question in a few sextillion years from now :smiley:

1. Are there paralell universes and if so, are they expanding as well?
    Thanks for reading this post and I need the answers by 1800 PST as I am buying more media.

Each universe is parallel to the existing one and have the exact same properties with different outcome of events - yes, all parallel universes are expanding just the same - they all started at the same time and will end and restart at the same time as well.

Thanks for all the answers, Greg42. Sounds like you know practically everything.

Thank YOU for anyDVD!

Here’s the scan of a disc I just burned, I bought the discs about a year and a half ago (around August 2004?). Fuji brand, 8x on Benq 1640, Overburned. Excuse the poor burn, it would have had fewer errors if not for the buffer underruns from me multitasking. :stuck_out_tongue: Your results may be entirely different than mine, but I’ve not experienced any deterioration from either unburned TY or other, older media. Or if there has been deterioration, it’s been too slight for me to notice, and I test the majority of my burns for burn quality. As I mentioned before, I’m sure that storage conditions can have a definite impact on the longevity of your media.