How it feels like when your music is pirated

We’ve just posted the following news: How it feels like when your music is pirated[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/02/myce-music-inc-app-2-95x75.jpeg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/how-it-feels-like-when-your-music-is-pirated-70409

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The irony, it burns!! Nothing exploits musicians more ruthlessly than the music industry itself. For authenticity’s sake, i hope the app reflects that.

The pirates at least appreciate the art and the artists.

The industry appreciates the art and the artists only to the extent that they can suck them dry, before chucking the spent carcass overboard.

This app has it backwards.

I’ve played the game now, and to be honest I enjoyed it, the game itself isn’t bad at all. Nevertheless, the fact that piracy only has negative effects in the game isn’t really fair IMHO and started to annoy. While piracy might hurt revenues, it also helps in becoming more popular. Some artists even give away their music for free and still earn a decent buck.

If you want a real education on how about how “copyright and its importance to the creative industries”, see This 12-part video. As Fortiori pointed out above, it’s the industry, not the pirates, who are taking advantage of artists.

The whole system is designed to give the artists as little pay as possible, in addition to as little control over how their works are used as possible. If anyone here thinks that the artists get a fair cut of the money you might spend on music, think again!

Book authors are also stuck in the same boat: if the book is published through a major publisher, odds are, that author is getting paid very little for his/her works.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2718484]If you want a [I]real[/I] education on how about how “copyright and its importance to the creative industries”, see This 12-part video. As Fortiori pointed out above, it’s the [I]industry[/I], not the pirates, who are taking advantage of artists.

The whole system is designed to give the artists as little pay as possible, in addition to as little control over how their works are used as possible. If anyone here thinks that the artists get a fair cut of the money you might spend on music, think again!

Book authors are also stuck in the same boat: if the book is published through a major publisher, odds are, that author is getting paid very little for his/her works.[/QUOTE]

Could’ve have said it better…thanks…

The vast majority of a professional recording artist’s income comes not from record sales but from live performances which in most cases these days the record company gets either very little or none of.

This is not because of “piracy” but because the recording industry as a whole is a band of blood sucking vampires. Their lawyers are far worse.