How grammatically sound are you?

vbimport

Well?

Mine:

You are a complete and utter BASTARDIZATION of the English tongue!

Unless this is your third language, there is absolutely no excuse for your ignorance. You shame us with your speech. Go back and finish your schooling, bastard.

I’ve often said that people who speak English allot as second or third are better at grammar then N.American’s. Frankly lots of us just don’t give a damn :stuck_out_tongue:

This is not an (delayed) April fool’s, now is it? :confused: :bigsmile:

You are a MASTER of the English language!

While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Still, there is always room for improvement

I am disappointed…thought my English was better than that…

LOL! The non-English Europeans did better than the Canadian! Well, to give some support for those in N. America, I ended up getting the same score that Da_Taxman got (Master).

Grammar God! :slight_smile:

>I am disappointed…thought my English was better than that…

Not bad Tax, since English isn’t your native tongue. :cool: :bow:

Grammar God rating.

Since its the only language I speak with any proficiency, I would hope to score well. I do envy those of you who are multi-lingual though.

I wonder why there was no breakdown on the scores, showing which ones you missed?

While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Still, there is always room for improvement…

GRAMMAR GOD.

Phew. I can now continue my job as English teacher.
I wasn’t sure about the “misplaced modifiers” thing. All of them seemed OK to me.
Plus a lot of the “wronggg” answers were actually acceptable english, just the sort of things irritating pedants would enjoy correcting people on.

#19. Choose the sentence with a misplaced modifier:
1- Running at top speed, I felt my wig fly off.
2- We had a great time at his party, dancing until dawn.
3- He kicked the ball barely twenty yards.
4- The camera photographed the satellite hurtling through space.
5- The soccer team only won four games the entire season

:confused:

C’mon their have to be some people that did as bad as me! :rolleyes:
They just aren’t posting about it because they weren’t happy with the answer! Yes! That’s my excuse!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

You are a STUDENT of the English language!

You are on your way to becoming gramatically sound; however, you must keep studying if you ever want to be a master. You do manage to speak better than most Americans, but then again, that’s not really saying too much…

I speak better than most Americans :slight_smile: . I wrote English paper 1 today , didnt do grammar part very well . tomorrow shedule : eng. paper 2 .

You beat me and English is my first language. Don’t feel bad! :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Ssseth
C’mon their have to be some people that did as bad as me! :rolleyes:
They just aren’t posting about it because they weren’t happy with the answer! Yes! That’s my excuse!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Ssseth, relax. My result must have been sheer luck :slight_smile: . I’m defiantly not a grammar god. Although English were one of my best subject’s in school. You know, I haven’t used the written English language for almost 25 years. Not to mention my pronouncing; it’s REALLY laughably.:o

Master of the language. Since I am English I suppose I should upset with that. Ah well.

Happy BDay Ssseth for April 2nd. The big quarter of a century

Originally posted by BeeR_DoG
Although English were one of my best subject’s in school.

:rolleyes: Thought that it was beer drinking??/gs.

This is just unbelievable:

While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Still, there is always room for improvement…

I always thought my English is horrible… not that I don’t like the result, but I find it hard to believe!

WOOHOO! Advanced English HAS paid off…

Originally posted by BeeR_DoG
Hey Ssseth, relax.

Relax? What’s that mean?

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I always thought my English is horrible… not that I don’t like the result, but I find it hard to believe!

No, it’s not. Americans have terrible English. Because its their native language, they were informally taught before they were formally taught. The use of the language is looser, more colloquial, more idiomatic, with more slang, etc. Whereas foreigners generally learn English right the first time and they’re not exposed to a lot of the informal colloquial uses of the language.

Originally posted by Ssseth
Relax? What’s that mean? :bigsmile:

Look on the bright side, Ssseth. If everyone was a Grammar God, then we’d all be like the crazy French with their Académie française. :wink: Now, we don’t want that, now do we? So consider yourself as making a positive contribution to society! :bigsmile:

You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. Congratulations and thank you!

Woohoo, i’m actually good at something. Doesn’t tell you how many you got right though. Or which ones you got wrong.

Whereas foreigners generally learn English right the first time and they’re not exposed to a lot of the informal colloquial uses of the language.

:iagree: :iagree: Very true. Learning a second language, unless having moved to the country and just picked up what’s on tv etc, your english will normally be far better than the natives. Gramatically speaking, maybe not vocabulary wise