How good is Ridata RITEKG05 8X?

vbimport

I´m thinking about buying some one these ones for my 4163B, how good are they burning at 8X?

Thanks in advance

Hi :slight_smile:
I’ve tried them wrote at 12x no problem , however there can be a problem with Ritek based depending on source
Apparently many of the batches are mixed grades ie: A 10% B 20% C 70%
A =very good B =indifferent C =****
Whether the mixing is at source ( less likely ) or by dodgy wheeler/dealer types ( more likely ) is open to question
If you find a good source then go with it if not try Infiniti / Verbatim / TDK etc
A good source for Infiniti
http:/www.lordofthedeals.co.uk/acatalog/16_Speed_DVD_ R_16x.html
For review of media
http:/www.cdr-zone.com

Yeah…

TDK is almost impossible to find in Brasil, Sony is very expensive, I end up using Philips which is good and cheap.

Here, in Brasil, you can easyly find Egital 8x (Tayo Yuden) , very good quality and cheap ( about R$ 2,00)
(A very good place to find DVD medias is hxxp://www.atcmidia.com, fast and honest people )
:cool:

RiDATA [DVD-R:RITEKG05] Burn Time 8.01

I´m sorry but I don´t know how to interpretate those kind of graphics, is it good or bad? Please be quick, I´m almost buing 10 pieces of Ridata for me.

Not the best but acceptable.

Unfurtunately it´s one of the best you can find in Brazil. Here the DVD market is still very young.

Tell your Ritek distributors that Ritek DVD media are inferior to TY and MCC. In South Korea, we have done so. :slight_smile: (For years, and finally we have TY 16x and MCC 16x at about US$1.2 which isn’t exactly cheap but acceptable.)

We do have TY here but it´s not the original one, just the label…

Our distributor is Paraguay, it´s almost impossible to find good and cheap medias there. Sony here is 7 reais, it´s pretty expensive compared to 2,45 of Ritek. I bought 10G05, I just had too, I have so many files that I can´t afford to loose.

Brazil doesn´t even has 12X media, imagine 16… Dual Layer here is somethin that 1% of the sellers of media know about

In Colombia i can buy DVD labeled Super Smart that are really TYG02 using dvd Identifier, i can buy here Ritek G05 not to good result, the TYG02 8X are really good in my LG 4160B. I can not found in Colombia Double layer DVD :frowning:

Hey Pulsee

How did you manager to burn the G05 at 12X?

I did at 8X and it looks like the media is OK.

RiDATA RiTEK G05 Only Burnt At 8x Not At 12x

zebadee Claims To Have Written RiTEK G05 At 12x Not Me

I’ve tried them wrote at 12x no problem

My NEC-3520 Would Burn 12x RITEKG05 Not My LG-GSA-4163B By Default.

** INFO : Drive = _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520AW [FW 1.UF]
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+RW DVD+R DVD+R-DL
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD-RW DVD-R DVD-R-DL
** INFO : Disc = [DVD-R:RITEKG05]

** INFO : An Empty Writable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 16620 KBPS (12.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 11080 KBPS ( 8.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #3 = 8310 KBPS ( 6.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #4 = 5540 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #5 = 2770 KBPS ( 2.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]