How Good Is It Asus 10" Notebook EPC1000HA

WWhat is your experiences with ASUS Eee PC EPC1000HA-WHI001X Pearl White Intel Atom N270 (1.60GHz) 10.0" WSVGA 1GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook -I just order one for my son to use it at school with teacher’s lecture to type the topic rather than taking notes all the time. He is more comfortable with fast typING rather than hand written notes. The specs of this small 10’ note bookes is as follow:

I don’t have that netbook, but I have another netbook with similar specs (Medion Akoya Mini E1210: Intel Atom N270, 1 GB memory, 160 GB harddrive, 10" screen).

I’m quite pleasantly surprised at how fast it is to boot and to use for normal tasks. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TCAS;2238321]WWhat is your experiences with ASUS Eee PC EPC1000HA-WHI001X Pearl White Intel Atom N270 (1.60GHz) 10.0" WSVGA 1GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook -I just order one for my son to use it at school with teacher’s lecture to type the topic rather than taking notes all the time. He is more comfortable with fast typING rather than hand written notes. The specs of this small 10’ note bookes is as follow:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220440[/QUOTE]

I have a ASUS EeePC 1000HE the keyboard is 92% standard size and the keys are flat on top, touch typing will take some adjusting but if your fingers are smallish no problem. I miss a cap and number lock LEDs. I read the HA keybord is a bit different. My HE has been upgraded with 2GB Ram, 320GB HDD and a bluetooth mouse; but you HA should be fine for taking notes. I would suggest using a SD card for backup and Microsoft Word (as nearly everyone uses it).

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2238481]I have a ASUS EeePC 1000HE the keyboard is 92% standard size and the keys are flat on top, touch typing will take some adjusting but if your fingers are smallish no problem. I miss a cap and number lock LEDs. I read the HA keybord is a bit different. My HE has been upgraded with 2GB Ram, 320GB HDD and a bluetooth mouse; but you HA should be fine for taking notes. I would suggest using a SD card for backup and Microsoft Word (as nearly everyone uses it).[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys for valuable information. I was going to go with ACER brand but my son insisted the Asus one because so 69 users reviewed it as excellent choice. Never had experience with Asus notebook, I have had few “Motherboard” from them in the past. I have 3 Laptop from "Toshiba, Compaq and Gateway but never had from Asus. I wonder how Asus honor their warranty on this notebook.

I think Asus honors it’s warranty very well (iIhave not needed it yet). They seem to want to dominate the notebook market. They also include some nice extras free, like a neet carry bag, cleaning cloth, very small 2 prong AC adapter/charger and recovery disc. The new Acer 10" may cost few $ less but has no built in bluetooth or carry bag.

You are right the Asus one comes with carry bag and some extra plus the Asus 10’ has very good users review. Some complained about using the right key shift which is saying is not comfortably situated.

I’ve always had a good experience with Asus laptops. Very bad experience with 2 toshiba ones… I guess take that for what it’s worth…

[QUOTE=V10monster;2243329]I’ve always had a good experience with Asus laptops. Very bad experience with 2 toshiba ones… I guess take that for what it’s worth…[/QUOTE]

Thanks I could not convinced my son to go for other than Asus and so far he is enjoying it. Needless to say one week of ownership is too short to tell how good the Asus 10’ notebook is.