How good is FTI/Falcon?

Lately I have been hearing a lot about Falcon blank DVDs and some people are saying they are better than TY discs

are the Falcon discs better than TY and where should I order them from?

how good are the DL discs better than the Verbatims made in india or singapour?

and what is the media code on them?

[quote=MrPete1985;2256049]Lately I have been hearing a lot about Falcon blank DVDs and some people are saying they are better than TY discs

are the Falcon discs better than TY and where should I order them from?

how good are the DL discs better than the Verbatims made in india or singapour?

and what is the media code on them?[/quote]
The quality of the Falcons I’ve bought in the last year has been consistently very good. Not a bad one in the spindle. From what I’ve read, Falcon is trying to stand out in the disc manufacturing world by supplying only high-quality stuff. And it appears so far that they have the facilities to accomplish that :iagree:. I would put the quality of their 8X DVD+R DL’s in the same league as good Verbatims. The MID of the DL’s is RICOHJPN D01. You’ll have to let us know where you’re located to help you find a place to purchase them :).

I live in the United States

So far the only place I found them is Meritline but i am NOT ordering from them

[quote=MrPete1985;2256063]I live in the United States

So far the only place I found them is Meritline but i am NOT ordering from them[/quote]
Take a look in this thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/falcon-8x-dvd-r-double-layer-white-inkjet-hub-printable-240623/, posts 98 and 101 mention a few more places. Some quality scans over there too. Don’t recall where, wasn’t interested in paying more per disc, but saw a few places selling 25 packs now, too. Google should get you there.

Thanks I ordered 10 DVD+R DL from duplication.ca if my Wii and DVD players like them then I will use them for all my DL needs since people say Verbatim quality has gone downhill since moving production to India and Ritek just flat out sucks

Just found this list of all their distributors

http://www.falconrak.com/agents_and_distributors.html

I see duplication.ca is currently the only shop that has the 16x +R, -R and the CD-R Diamond Silver Pearl Inkjet Printable discs.

I have ordered both the 16x +R and -R for testing and they will be here Friday.

Hopefully someone else in the US will start to carry all these Falcon brands as I think they have a chance to become quite popular in the near future from the results we have been seeing. :iagree:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2256057]The quality of the Falcons I’ve bought in the last year has been consistently very good. Not a bad one in the spindle. From what I’ve read, Falcon is trying to stand out in the disc manufacturing world by supplying only high-quality stuff. And it appears so far that they have the facilities to accomplish that :iagree:. I would put the quality of their 8X DVD+R DL’s in the same league as good Verbatims. The MID of the DL’s is RICOHJPN D01. You’ll have to let us know where you’re located to help you find a place to purchase them :).[/QUOTE]

Hi, deanwitty :slight_smile:

Maybe you can help me . i´d like to tray Falcon media. i’m in Portugal and i need a supplier in Europe shipping to my country. Do you know anyone?

Thank you very much in advance.

[quote=Learning More;2256643]Hi, deanwitty :slight_smile:

Maybe you can help me . i´d like to tray Falcon media. i’m in Portugal and i need a supplier in Europe shipping to my country. Do you know anyone?

Thank you very much in advance.[/quote]
Seems that European online retailers not picking these up as quickly as US. My attempts to find them not too succesful so far. E-mailed Falcon for help, let you know what I hear. Anyone else in Europe getting their hands on these?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2257839]Seems that European online retailers not picking these up as quickly as US. My attempts to find them not too succesful so far. E-mailed Falcon for help, let you know what I hear. Anyone else in Europe getting their hands on these?[/QUOTE]

Hello deanwitty :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer. i don’t believe that anyone in Europe (at least in Portugal) is getting their hands on Falcon media. Portugal is a small market and Falcon is not very known here. i hope maybe some UK sellers start selling Falcon media and i can get it… :iagree:

Anyway i’m very greatful for your time and kind :bow:

All the best for you :flower:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2256643]Hi, deanwitty :slight_smile:

Thank you very much in advance.[/QUOTE]

According to the FTI’s web site, IMPULS TECNOLOGIES, S.A is the official distributor of FTI’s products in Portugal. You might try to contact them directly via an email.

The problem with looking for sellers of falcons website is that they seem to primarily list trade distributors, agents and so on. Not too many places seem to sell in consumer-size amounts IIRC.

[QUOTE=pepst;2258488]According to the FTI’s web site, IMPULS TECNOLOGIES, S.A is the official distributor of FTI’s products in Portugal. You might try to contact them directly via an email.[/QUOTE]

Hello, pepst :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your info. :bow: but there is no site to order from Impuls Tecnologies avaiable :frowning:

Well, i’ll tray contact them via email, but i don’t believe too much

[QUOTE=SeanW;2258536]The problem with looking for sellers of falcons website is that they seem to primarily list trade distributors, agents and so on. Not too many places seem to sell in consumer-size amounts IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Exactly SeanW :iagree: :clap:

I just got a couple samples from CD Dimensions (thanks!). Code is TTH02. Burned 1 with Optiarc 7200. Scan scores were 97 with the 7200 & 95 with the rebadged Liteon Optiarc 7220. Truth is, the 97 is the best score I’ve seen in awhile on any dvdr.

My question/concern is that in my limited experience, TDK branded dvdr’s haven’t been real good to put it nicely (though it’s been several years since I tried one). My first experience with dvd burning several years ago was with Richoh coded Maxell’s (all discs went bad within 6 months) & CMC coded TDK’s (really low scores).

To those more knowledgeable then me (which on this subject is likely most of us!), what is your opinion in general of TTH02 dvdr’s? I’m thinking seriously about placing an order, but again am concerned that it’s TDK related.

[quote=Learning More;2257959]Hello deanwitty :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer. i don’t believe that anyone in Europe (at least in Portugal) is getting their hands on Falcon media. Portugal is a small market and Falcon is not very known here. i hope maybe some UK sellers start selling Falcon media and i can get it… :iagree:

Anyway i’m very greatful for your time and kind :bow:

All the best for you :flower:[/quote]
Just checked back to discussion about this I was having w/ jubjubbird in the Falcon 8X DL thread, and found that two sources I had found with Falcon’s help are still selling them. Verity systems http://www.mediaprovisions.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaprovisions.co.uk%2Facatalog%2FInkjet-Printable-DVDs.html&WD=falcon&PN=Dual_Layer_DVD_R.html%23aOE100518#aOE100518 , and Cybercentrale, http://www.cybercentrale.com/dvdr-professionnel-c-865_867.html , who also carries Falcon 16X DVD-R sl’s. Don’t know their shipping policies. Hope this helps :).
Wish European resellers would start stocking the 50 disc spindles that are becoming available this side of the pond. Soon, hopefully :iagree:.

Originally posted by MooMooMooMoo
TDK branded dvdr’s haven’t been real good to put it nicely (though it’s been several years since I tried one). My first experience with dvd burning several years ago was with Richoh coded Maxell’s (all discs went bad within 6 months) & CMC coded TDK’s (really low scores).
To those more knowledgeable then me (which on this subject is likely most of us!), what is your opinion in general of TTH02 dvdr’s? I’m thinking seriously about placing an order, but again am concerned that it’s TDK related.

Should probably let pepst answer this. But I’m learning that the manufacturing of the discs is possibly the most important factor in their quality. The same raw material can make very good discs or garbage. And those CMC TDK’s weren’t really TDK’s anyway, right :)? Been 1 year since my first Falcon DL burn, and discs haven’t degraded at all yet. Looks encouraging.

I only was able to really test 1 of the 2 samples as the 2nd arrived really scratched, but based on the 1 good burn & comments here, I’ll likely try a batch of 100 dvdr’s. Still haven’t decided whether to go with Falcon or TY for my next batch of cdr’s.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2258810]Just checked back to discussion about this I was having w/ jubjubbird in the Falcon 8X DL thread, and found that two sources I had found with Falcon’s help are still selling them. Verity systems http://www.mediaprovisions.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaprovisions.co.uk%2Facatalog%2FInkjet-Printable-DVDs.html&WD=falcon&PN=Dual_Layer_DVD_R.html%23aOE100518#aOE100518 , and Cybercentrale, http://www.cybercentrale.com/dvdr-professionnel-c-865_867.html , who also carries Falcon 16X DVD-R sl’s. Don’t know their shipping policies. Hope this helps :).

Thank you very much, deanwitty :flower:

Verity Systems only ships to UK and Cybercentrale only ships to France :frowning:

Again, thank you very much for your help :bow:

I would also like to hear some of the experts chime in on the TTH02’s, are FTI using their own Dye? They are just using the TDK stampers right?

I think the Dye is/was the problem when they were made by TDK, I hope so because I prefer -R and most of my burners like the 16x -R.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2258810]Just checked back to discussion about this I was having w/ jubjubbird in the Falcon 8X DL thread, and found that two sources I had found with Falcon’s help are still selling them. Verity systems http://www.mediaprovisions.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaprovisions.co.uk%2Facatalog%2FInkjet-Printable-DVDs.html&WD=falcon&PN=Dual_Layer_DVD_R.html%23aOE100518#aOE100518 , and Cybercentrale, http://www.cybercentrale.com/dvdr-professionnel-c-865_867.html , who also carries Falcon 16X DVD-R sl’s. Don’t know their shipping policies. Hope this helps :).
Wish European resellers would start stocking the 50 disc spindles that are becoming available this side of the pond. Soon, hopefully :iagree:.

Should probably let pepst answer this. But I’m learning that the manufacturing of the discs is possibly the most important factor in their quality. The same raw material can make very good discs or garbage. And those CMC TDK’s weren’t really TDK’s anyway, right :)? Been 1 year since my first Falcon DL burn, and discs haven’t degraded at all yet. Looks encouraging.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2258880]I would also like to hear some of the experts chime in on the TTH02’s, are FTI using their own Dye? They are just using the TDK stampers right?

I think the Dye is/was the problem when they were made by TDK, I hope so because I prefer -R and most of my burners like the 16x -R.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK FTI are using:

• TDK’s dye & stamper for DVD-Rs (TTH02 & FTI RG16 MID)
  • TDK’s dye & stamper for DVD+Rs (TDK 003 MID)
  • Ricoh’s dye & stamper for DVD+R DLs (RICOHJPN D01 MID)
  • Ricoh’s dye & stamper for DVD+Rs (FTI-016-000 MID)
  • TDK’s dye & stampers for CD-Rs (97m15s05f ATIP)
  • Mitsubishi’s dye and stampers for gold CD-Rs and DVD-Rs
  • TDK’s recording layer and stampers for BD-Rs