How good are these TY? (Pics inside)

vbimport

Just picked up some cheap TY in local stores, wonder if it’s any good for my Liteon LTR-32123S. From what I’ve read, there are TY with different dyes right? Is this DX good?

Also, which’s the best speed (slow-4x or fast-32x) to burn with these TY, for audio CDs. I read that some drives are optimised for high speed burning so 4x burning probably yield even worse quality than maximum speed.

Thanks in advance!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

These are the older version of TY, originally rated for 24x and later re-rated for 32x. Many drives will burn them at 40x safely. I’d recommend you burn them at 32x to start and test for errors to see if your drive likes them.

From what I’ve read, there are TY with different dyes right

There’s no such thing, TY only makes one type of disc. Only the labeling and back coating changes.

@Ian Ching:

I’ve got the same burner as you (LiteOn LTR-32123S) and I can honestly say that these discs are the best I’ve used for the drive. Very low error rates at 32x-speed. Burn them at top speed - if you go slower than 16x or 24x, error rates increase slightly.

My experience with TY:

user.7host.com/weezer2001/TY(TDK)AudioCert40XBurned16XScanned40X.PNG

(i couldn’t make a working image for some reason).

Originally posted by terminalvelocd
[B]@Ian Ching:

I’ve got the same burner as you (LiteOn LTR-32123S) and I can honestly say that these discs are the best I’ve used for the drive. Very low error rates at 32x-speed. Burn them at top speed - if you go slower than 16x or 24x, error rates increase slightly. [/B]

Interesting, does it mean that my Liteon (or probably all the newer Liteon drives) is optimised for high-speed burning with TY?

Thanks for all the replies!!

@Ian Ching,

It is my experience that most newer writers give the best results at around their maximum speed, depending on the media. The LiteOn LTR-32123S, if XS0Z firmware is used, produces the best results at 32x. However, if you downgrade (yes, downgrade) your firmware to XS0X, you’ll have fairly consistant recordings no matter what speed you use, however, the error rates will still be higher at lower speeds.

Originally posted by Ian Ching

which’s the best speed…for audio CDs.
4x-16x