9 min?
8min?

Thanks

Originally posted by nealh
[B]10 min?
9 min?
8min?

Thanks [/B]
It takes about 9.5 minutes - which makes the NEC one of the (if not the) slowest 8X writer :frowning: Thankfully the burnquality is much better than the more speedy writers like LiteOn 811/851 and BTC.

Cheers,
Peter

It’s a 3 tier burner, 4x till 20% 6x till 50-55% then 8x, kinda like the optorite 401 i once had, but like pdu said burn quality makes up for the slower times
Other hand my plextor 708a burns in less then 8 mins but playback on standalones suffers after 75% on the disc.

Excuse Me for jumping in on this thread…(newbie n baffled)…
How can u tell at what speed it is Burning at!?

i got Grade A 4x DVD-R orange top RITEK G04 that is supposed to write at 8x…Only shows as 4x in Nero…What has one gota Do to get Writer to Burn @ 8x Please…

Originally posted by MrScary
[B]Excuse Me for jumping in on this thread…(newbie n baffled)…

i got Grade A 4x DVD-R orange top RITEK G04 that is supposed to write at 8x…Only shows as 4x in Nero…What has one gota Do to get Writer to Burn @ 8x Please… [/B]

They’re only 4x supported by the NEC 2500A and for a good reason. The majority of RITEKG04’s out on the market today are low graded (B, C, D, E or F-graded media) which are simply not made to be burned at any speeds higher then 4x!

thanks guys

[B]Excuse Me for jumping in on this thread…(newbie n baffled)…

i got Grade A 4x DVD-R orange top RITEK G04 that is supposed to write at 8x…Only shows as 4x in Nero…What has one gota Do to get Writer to Burn @ 8x Please… [/B]
If you use Nero there’s a known hack that will force Nero to show the actual writing speed.

------------------------ myfile.reg ---------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
“ShowSingleRecorderSpeed”=dword:00000001

Copy the text between the -----------------------, paste it into Notepad and save it as a .reg file. Then just double-click the file to modify your registry.

When i burn iso/img files i use dvddecryptor which shows exactly your burn times, nero only shows your max speed, wish nero would get off the pot and fix this…i only use nero to burn vob files anyway:iagree:

Budman----pdu-----Herrie-----Many Thanks for answering my Question…it is appreciated…
DVD-Rs are Grade A orange top 4x Ritek (manufactured in Taiwan)and are supposed to be able to write at 8x with the NEC2500A…
I use Decryptor, so I had better look more closely to what it says within it!..If i click an ISO file, my NTI CD/DVD Maker will automaticly open to Burn it to DVD-R…Use Nero for the Video_TS files…Lots to Learn n Not enough time to Learn em All…
Thanks…n I’m sure I got lots more questions to ask in next few days…Take Care, Dennis…

Budman----pdu-----Herrie-----Many Thanks for answering my Question…it is appreciated…
DVD-Rs are Grade A orange top 4x Ritek (manufactured in Taiwan)and are supposed to be able to write at 8x with the NEC2500A…
I use Decryptor, so I had better look more closely to what it says within it!..If i click an ISO file, my NTI CD/DVD Maker will automaticly open to Burn it to DVD-R…Use Nero for the Video_TS files…Lots to Learn n Not enough time to Learn em All…
Thanks…n I’m sure I got lots more questions to ask in next few days…Take Care, Dennis…

Please show me an OFFICIAL statement of NEC that RITEKG04 can be burned at 8x. There ISN’T.

So now all please stop wining about 8 x support for RITEK R03 and RITEKG 04.

They’re not supported at 8x for a very obvious reason: Their quality is simply not stable enough to be supported at 8x!

“Grade A Orange top”
is in fact grade b overprints…“GRADE A” is the name
they have given them and not their quality rating
(sneaky or what)

Thank You Herrie for your comment…Knowing NOWT about DVD I accept your knowledge on them…Will tell this bloke in warehouse that he is telling me Porky-Pies n leading me up Garden Path…But in stronger words of course!!..
So here in the UK n Wales of all places…lol, which is Best DVD-R to Buy, n what color tops are they…Tops not bottoms, because we can see the tops but not bottoms as they be shrinked wraped…
Thank U…

YES…sarahjh69…Very SNEAKY…But this Is RIP OFF BRITAIN afterall…lol…THANKS…

Let’s put it this way: It’s always tricky to buy RITEKG04 media, since you never know what you’ll end up with buying. Usually the price tells you something though.

SVP a.k.a. Blankdiscshop has quite some various RITEKG04’s with comments about their quality (e.g. no warranty = B-grade or lower).

So it might be wise to check there before buying some.

You could also have a look at Bigpockets :slight_smile:

To add to Herrie’s comments, blankdiscshop.co.uk (SVP) have {DV 3050}, which is Verbatim DataLife Plus 4x DVD-R (in this case, individually jewel cased and inkjet printable).

This is MCC01RG20 media, which works at 8x with the stock 1.06 firmware. However, it’s 99p (including VAT, but not delivery) per disc. It would be nice if blankdiscshop.co.uk stocked the 25 disc spindle pack of this media (which apparently lacks the hub branding of the jewel cased version), or a similar product (25 disc spindle, inkjet printable) Taiyo Yuden disc. Unfortunately, they don’t - nor do any of the other UK suppliers at anything like a reasonable price.

There’s a lot of good information in this thread - which gives some more information on the Verbatim media.

David

THANK YOU ALL for giveing me the Answers n putting me on the straight n narrow…A little wiser now, but still a little Baffled…LOL
Lots to learn, with lots of Misstakes to make on the Way…
Talking about misstakes!! Got a Prob n its in another Thread I started, HOPE U can HELP!!..THANK YOU…
Very Much Appreciated by Me…regards, Dennis…

Just to catch me out, {DV 3050} is now 89p each (including VAT but not delivery) from blankdiscshop.co.uk.

David

If you are going to get Ritek GO4 media
in blankdiskshop their best offering is
Datasafe 4x minus ritek GO4 at £11.99 per 25

or if you want 8x media try
Rambox for their Ritek plus 4x printable (RICOHJPNR01)
at £68 per 100 delivered and work perfectly at 8x