How fast should I go for burning youtube clips?

vbimport

I rarely burn videos on CD, but now I want to make backup for my youtube clips collection on a CD-R. A few years ago, a friend of mine (computer expert) suggest the maximum speed for burning Video CD (popular in Asia) is 12x. Increase it, and it’ll produce skips on the movie. :slight_smile:

Now, recently I read here that the suggested best speed to burn a CD-R is 16x or more.

Should I go with 16x, or stick with 12x for movies (and youtube clips)?

Burner: Pioneer A12FX
media: some colorful Verbatim CD-R (with pictures of T-Shirt, Cups, etc). I use ImgBurn to see the supported write speed, it says: 4x, 10x, 16x, 24x, 32x, 40.

any thought?

That speed to me sounds like for burning music cd not VCD. You should really have to burn at different speeds to find out which one is the best and which one is creating skips, jumps, or coasters then you will know what settings will work. Sometimes we have to do this to find the best settings even if it means creating coasters. Sometimes trial and error is the way to go. But also the software you used to put the youtube onto the cd also makes a difference in how well it does it job putting the videos onto the cd to produce either a quality burn or bad burn.

thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

But also remember I haven’t done like what your asking. I usually burn to DVD so my experience is limited to using DVD and convertXtoDVD 3 software only.

well, I’ve tried using ImgBurn to burn them into CD @ 10x, and I think it’s going to be fine.:iagree: