How fast did liteon 52x take to burn a 700mb audio cd?

How fast did liteon 52x take to burn a 700mb audio cd? Is there any difference between burn from the image and on the fly?Cause I always burn CD-to-CD copying or without creating the image file first, is that why my buffer fluctuating (LED light just switching between red and orange throughtout the burning process) and never reached even 40x (took 5 mins to burned a 700mb music cd)? Thanks.

2:30 min. How fast is your source drive?

Originally posted by Stoner
2:30 min. How fast is your source drive?

Wow, 2:30 min, that’s fast…Did you burn image first? I only got this fast when I burn image before burning process. If I burn the CD to CD or without burning the image first, it takes around 5 min and my LED switching between red and orange. Is it normal?

Orange Light=Smart Burn kicking in, because your source drive may be too slow. Try reducing the on-the-fly burning speed to 32X or 40X.

Originally posted by Bhairav
Orange Light=Smart Burn kicking in, because your source drive may be too slow. Try reducing the on-the-fly burning speed to 32X or 40X.

What about writing the MP3 files from hard drive into CDR? Even I reduce the speed to 40X, the LED still swithing between the red and orange, the buffer is fluctuating.

in order to burn straight from mp3 to audio cd without slowing down, ur computer has to be fast enough to handle the on-the-fly conversion of mp3 to wav. otherwise u’ll still get buffer underruns.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
in order to burn straight from mp3 to audio cd without slowing down, ur computer has to be fast enough to handle the on-the-fly conversion of mp3 to wav. otherwise u’ll still get buffer underruns.

Thanks, I guess my computer is too slow (PII-400 WITH 128MB RAM) to handle the on-the-fly.

guess my computer is too slow (PII-400 WITH 128MB RAM) to handle the on-the-fly

I wish I’d said that… :wink:

I only have a celeron 366 and 192M RAM, my lite-on 52x burns MP3’s to CD real fast, I don’t remember exactly how long but it was fast. I do however have a WD 80Gig SE w/ 8M cache if that makes a difference. That drive is FAST!!! Even on my old slow system.